Puppy Name


We are looking for a name for the new puppy. This gets tricky because Andrew is picky. He says that she is going to be my dog, but he has to "approve" the name I get to pick...which pretty much means he is naming the dog because he has vetoed just about every name I come up with. SO I am looking for your help! Here is the criteria. Andrew being a hunter doesn't want to be yelling a really girly name while he is out with a bunch of guys (even though the dog IS a girl...personally I think he should get over it, but he won't) The name also needs to be fairly short 1-2 syllables. Some that we were playing with were Sage or Indy...I asked him about Paige or Mindy..and those were a no go...so you can see the perdicament I am in. What do you think?

Comments

Becky said…
Well, I will think about it that today, but I do have one request that doesn't seem that it will be a problem and that is that you DON'T name her Paige - because we are naming our next girl Paige Noelle. We were going to use Lexi too. :)
DeAnna said…
Okay..no paige...I promise :)
paige said…
Yeah, Paige is not a dog name. Sorry I am no help. I always liked Molly for a dog, but I don't know about a hunting dog. Plus, that is my sisters name. How mean am i?
Cali said…
Indy!! That's cute, name her that. :)
Cali said…
Except to make it girly you could spell it with an "ie", so Indie.
Jen said…
We had the same problem naming our dogs. We used Lady & Bailey.

How about.... Lane or Jane. Or you can go w/ plain ol' dog....seriously the name dog- Thats what Scott has always wanted for a dog name.
Becky said…
OK so I've been thinking today: Sasquach (ha I couldn't resist - Open Season) or better is Sasha, Lucy, I like Molly too or Milly (not as common), Tacie, Sadie,...I need to go back to bed. I'll keep thinkin' though.
paige said…
I like Bailey. It can go either way.

Also, I just realized (in reference to the first comment) - my name before I got married was Paige Noel because I was born so close to Christmas. Good choice for a little girl. :) I like Bailey & Indie. Those are my votes.
Wynter said…
I think you should name her star.
Didnt you guys decide that nashs name was nashville star? I think that would be cute but not to girly and it would also play into nashs name =)
I like Indy or Tacie. I guess I need to see the dog first. Send photos when you get her and we'll see where that gets us.

How about China? (sorry, Indy made me think of it.)

Popular Posts