Debt/Food Storage
I know a lot of you reading have probably already gotten the email to go with this link, but to those of you that didn't I highly recommend you read this article. I agree with what he says in there about not panicing, but I definitly think that it is time to make sure we have taken care of the things that we have been commanded to for so long. I myself have multiple times felt an urgency to get some food storage and to get as much of our student loans and other debts paid off. I wouldn't doubt this is the Spirit prompting me to do so. I have a co-worker who has felt the same and she has even gotten a sign-up sheet together and as co-workers we are going to the cannery in a few weeks.
This is a link to the LDS distribution services. It is only about $25 for a starter kit and they ship it right to your house. I think that at the least we should all get one of these and it is very affordable.
I thought I would add this funny story too. We had Stake Conference on Sunday and one of the speakers talked about paying your tithing. There had been a little girl that paid her tithing and when a member of the bishopric opened it up he was delighted that this little girl had been so good about paying her tithing, but was also immediately concerned and called the girls Dad. The member of the bishopric explained to the Dad that he had received the daughters tithing, but that it was for $100 dollars. The both were a little perplexed, knowing that the little girl couldn't have made $1,000 and that there must have been a mistake. He said the only other problem was that she paid her tithing in monopoly money.

7 comments:
That is really funny!
I love that tithing story - too cute!
I put up a similar post to yours, hoping to motivate others & maybe keep myself going. $5 a week can get us started, so thanks for the kick in the pants!
That is a great story. Kids are so funny.
Thanks for the motivation. We can't wait to get into our house so that we will have more room for food storage. One problem is they have attics here in Texas, not basements and you can't store food in an attic! We'll figure out something though.
That IS a funny story. LOL. And a good reminder too. I wish I knew I were going to be somewhere long enough to actually put a REAL storage together.
Here is another good site:
http://www.theideadoor.com/FoodStorage.html
That was an interesting article. Probably the thing he talked about that scares me most are the terrorist attacks. However I have learned something totally opposite about the public debt and the "failing" economy and all that... who's to say which is right, but oh well. Thanks for the reminder about the food storage... always an important thing! That was a cute story about the tithing too.
Monopoly Money...hmm...good idea :) I'll probably just stick to real money though. :)
Post a Comment