
Andrew and I have had kinda a tough week. I won't go into too many details, but I did want to share one thing that happened, that we are pretty sad about. Our puppy Jake (the one we got in the fall) got ran over by a car yesterday. Andrew had the dogs out and they were running around and Jake ran right under the back wheel of a truck driving along. Andrew said it was pretty quick before he was gone. I was at work when it

happened and Andrew had me come home from lunch so he could tell me. It is amazing how quickly you become attached, but I honestly am not sure whether I am more sad about the dog, or the fact that Andrew had to see the whole thing.

We are pretty sad about it. So, I dedicate this post to Jake, he was such a cute and energetic dog and we are sorry that we didn't get more time with him.
I guess we are lucky we got the new puppy just in time. We are pretty sure that we have the worst luck when it comes to pets. The whole year and a half that we have been married, we had a dog die of cancer, a cat disapear/get eaten and now a puppy get run over. I am worried about what might happen when we have kids!
I hope you all have had better weeks than us! "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger"
10 comments:
Oh, Shaws! I'm so sorry!! Jake was such a cute little guy, I loved driving past your house and seeing him in there with all the big guys, and I think I'll always remember that one time when he was barking at the broccoli. Jake is awesome.
Oh that is so sad! How unfortunate. I am so so sorry - he really was a cute little puppy wasn't he? I am glad Sage arrived when she did, but I am still sad for Jake and for you guys. We send our condolences.
Oh how sad. I'm sorry. I don't have anything comforting to say except I'm sorry. We haven't had good luck with our pets either.
Oh I'm sorry. I know how much your pets mean to you. It's hard to lose a beloved pet. I'm so sorry:(
Oh no!! That's horrible!!! I'm so sorry you guys! I can't even imagine watching your dog die like that! I'm glad to hear that it was fast, though. How heart breaking! Are you still going to get rid of Tucker now?
Oh Jake! I'm so sad about it all!
What a fun dog he was. I'm glad we got to go out for a run with him when we were up last. I'm very sorry you guys.
I am so sorry for your loss... We are huge animal lovers at our house too so we totally understand how hard it is to lose one. I am glad you have a sweet new pup to help cheer you up!
SO I finally got internet, and I was sad to see this post... I remember when we were talking about all the fast cars, and how you would be afraid for your kids. I think its now time to get some tire spikes for that road... Im really sorry he was such a cute puppy.
Oh, too sad! Losing a pet is a very hard thing. Hang in there!
I'm Sorry Nanny! I hope the rest of the week goes better for you and you can have something happy happen!
Post a Comment