Benson
I really think that living in Benson is just the right place for us...well mostly Andrew. My new visiting teaching companion's name is Michelle, she lives across the street. We are also in Young Womens together. We had a funny conversation on Wednesday as we compared our Non-hunter wives vs. Hunter husbands and the results of such a combination. She, as well as me, never hunted, had a husband who did, got a gun for Christmas, was "urged" to go (meaning practically forced) and because she wanted to spend time with her husband she went. She grew up in Randolph, so even though she didn't hunt, she was surrounded by it and was a bit of a country girl anyway.
After a laughing and comparing stories and realizing we had quite a bit in common, the trouble began. She then starts telling Andrew and I about her hunting experience with an Elk and how she didn't think she could do it, but that she really liked it and got a really big Elk. She, like myself, has only ever shot 2 other things (birds). She had also explained that she was the only girl among all these guys out hunting...yada yada yada. Because of this story, Andrew now believes that I would love going and would really like getting myself an Elk. EVEN THOUGH I keep telling him I don't think I could do it, I think I would feel really bad and it would not be fun for me to shoot such a big pretty animal, let alone scare me to death. He believes this is because I have never done it before and don't know what I am missing.
I don't really know what to do. I don't think that he will let me NOT go, without a big fuss/argue until he has convinced me that his point is the only true and living point. If I do go, I think I will be so nervous and scared and unwilling to actually shoot the thing that I will completely chicken out, save the life of the Elk and Andrew will be really mad. You know, I can go and I can watch Andrew do it, but for me to do it myself, I take it too personal and start thinking about its family and all of its friends and wonder if Heavenly Father is going to be mad at me for killing it.
What should I do?
After a laughing and comparing stories and realizing we had quite a bit in common, the trouble began. She then starts telling Andrew and I about her hunting experience with an Elk and how she didn't think she could do it, but that she really liked it and got a really big Elk. She, like myself, has only ever shot 2 other things (birds). She had also explained that she was the only girl among all these guys out hunting...yada yada yada. Because of this story, Andrew now believes that I would love going and would really like getting myself an Elk. EVEN THOUGH I keep telling him I don't think I could do it, I think I would feel really bad and it would not be fun for me to shoot such a big pretty animal, let alone scare me to death. He believes this is because I have never done it before and don't know what I am missing.
I don't really know what to do. I don't think that he will let me NOT go, without a big fuss/argue until he has convinced me that his point is the only true and living point. If I do go, I think I will be so nervous and scared and unwilling to actually shoot the thing that I will completely chicken out, save the life of the Elk and Andrew will be really mad. You know, I can go and I can watch Andrew do it, but for me to do it myself, I take it too personal and start thinking about its family and all of its friends and wonder if Heavenly Father is going to be mad at me for killing it.
What should I do?

Comments
I agree with Betsy, if he cares that much about you coming that he is willing to do the same for you than you know how much it really means to him.
After that experience, I felt so miserably bad that I swore to Richard I wouldn't fish again. He keeps trying to convince me that the fish survived, but I have serious doubts. If I can't handle killing a little slimy fish, I am know for sure I could never shoot an animal with such beautiful eyes as an elk or deer. Sorry Andrew. Unless I'm starving, it just isn't going to happen.
So, go hunting with Andrew, but bring your sketchbook or something equally entertaining to you. I have done that on occasion when Richard wanted me along on a fishing trip. I sat on the shore and sketched the scenery while he fished a few feet from me. Good times.