Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer Ending

I have noticed, as I am sure many of you have, that the blogging world has slowed significantly since the summer began. I myself have blogged far less than usual and am sorry for it; however I had a garden, and good weather, how could I not be outside (especially since I consider myself part lizard and only get warm with direct sunlight).
BEFORE


AFTER


I love the before and after pics. I am pretty excited about the garden..unfortunately we haven't gotten any tomatoes yet, but when we do, I have a feeling that we will be in over our heads.
I am also trying to make a huckleberry pie today out of the bushes we started this year and I am interested to see how they turn out. It has been a very educational year!




On another topic, Andrew took me deer hunting with him the other day and we went hiking up a canyon called High Creek ...it was beautiful. The coolest part however were the Moose that we saw. I don't know if I have ever seen them before especially that close! They were probably 250 yards from us and we got a great look at them, luckily we had the video camera with us as well and we got some really neat video.
We continued hiking FOREVER after that as Andrew searched for his deer and honestly I am going to have to learn to be more patient because I got so annoyed every 10 steps when we stopped and waiting then walked again and stopped and walked and stopped. SHEESH lets just get to where we want to be already. We finally headed home and on the way we got a call from Andrew's brother Marcus who shot an elk. The last thing Andrew wanted to do was go hike another 6 miles, but duty called and he went to help Marcus. The next day all the Shaw brothers got together and helped butcher the elk so it wouldn't go bad and got it done and in the fridge.

After we got back from Marcus' we found ourselves in the dark. At about 5:00 the power went out (in the middle of us baking stuff too) by 7:00 we went to Oakridge at Kevin's apt where they had power. The power didn't come back on until about 8:00 this morning. Now Andrew is begging me to go dove hunting with him and shoot clay pigeons and is begging me to get off the computer....he is so impatient. welp cya later

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly, going hunting with a husband sounds really fun right now. I love to see all the wildlife and I really loved going shooting! That picture of the canyon is gorgeous! :)

Sheena said...

That is a way cool garden. I'm totally jealous. I really wanted to do a garden this year since we moved into our house, but we moved in too late to plant anything. We have plans for next year though.

Loraine said...

Sounds like Andrew has made a convert out of you. You definitely qualify as a country girl now. Very cool.
Can't wait to see what you do with all the pumpkins. Remind me to give you the spice from Jenny this week end.

Tink said...

We must be sisters because I have lots of before and after pictures too? I hope you get your deer soon. How many does one need until next year?