Monday, June 9, 2008

HA!




Did anyone else hear about this? I seriously was thinking after I graduated that it was a bit of a waste, but I loved my major. By my senior year my professors were saying that those of you that are Exercise Science majors should look to getting a masters or further education because there is no jobs for us (and there are people out there that do our jobs without the slightest bit of a degree, but just have big muscles). SO I was thinking to myself that the best way for me to get a job or have any kind of job security would be to hook up with an insurance company and say "hey, you refer people to me, I will reduce their risk of all these diseases by putting them on a treadmill, and then you give them a lower premium..." Then...a year later I read this article. For those of you who haven't read the link: Cedar Cities govornment employees that do not follow some kind of exercise plan will have to pay 20% of their health care premiums while those that do, will have 100% of their paid for them. I think personally that this is a great idea. It gives people motivation to be healthy and to save money by making healthy choices. Plus, they just saved 20% on their health insurance, money that could be spent instead on a gym membership or a personal trainer. SO!! Another thought of mine is potentially true. I have always thought that there may not be jobs for me right now, but I have always felt that I should stick with the major I picked because I felt it was the right thing and that there would be jobs available in the future. All in All, this is great news to me! :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hooray! i remember you saying that and thought it was a good idea. :)

Tink said...

My girlfriend has the same sort of deal with her insurance and she got paid to lose 30 pounds. She found the right motivation finally and now she look great.