Thursday, June 5, 2008

FFA "When Techology has gone too far...."

Upon reading this weeks FFA topic “when technology has gone too far…” I immediately thought of 2 things. One is a topic that I am not even going to touch on. Texting. I am pretty sure we all know that the X generation doesn’t know how to properly communicate without it. (I consider myself only half X because I, unlike a true X, didn’t get a cell phone until college and only texted for important things like…flirting with my fiancé.) Besides, I am sure that someone else in the FFA realm will cover this topic because I am pretty sure it is widely understood to be “technology going too far”. This then leads my to my other immediate thought which isn’t exactly what most people would probably expect to fit into this topic parameters, but is clearly a candidate. With no further ado, I present this:
Now, I am a huge supporter of going “Green” and am all about not wasting paper, and I even use my real recycling garbage can. I will even walk out of my way to pick up someone else’s grody trash. However. I do not feel that there is any need to RECYCLE any document on my computer. I do not expect that the letters used on that word document will magically reappear in word and allow me more words in the future. I surely hope that pictures that were intentionally placed there do not show back up in my folders. In FACT, I hope that the space that those documents etc. don’t show back up and continue to take up space on my hard drive OR the programs causing spam or other virus’ aren’t re-appearing anywhere. Quite frankly everything I put in the recycling bin, I hope to be gone and never comes back…otherwise, why would I have intentionally put it there? The bigger thing here to me is the fact that it has no relationship to real garbage being thrown out and the need for it to be recycled so that we can better serve our environment. This recycle bin has no purpose being a recycle bin rather than a trash bin on my computer. Someone just thought they would give Microsoft a better, more environmentally friendly image, by adding a recycling bin...It apparently didn't work for me, I would rather have a trash bin. Mostly because the idea is ridiculous to me and clearly only there for "image" purposes. (Yet again one of my useless rantings, why I waste my time giving such thought to such and insignificant part of my day, I don't know...anyone want to talk about Obama and Clinton?)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You earth hater.

Terribly clever post. We just might have to keep you around.

:-)

I'm looking forward to the election post!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Nope. I'll take the recycle bin discussion over either of those "Candidates Who Must Not Be Named".

I never thought about that particular use in technology. Thanks. It's going to bug me now!