Monday, March 31, 2008

Too Short

Weekends are too short. I think I have finally reached the point that I dread going to work on Monday. I know this is fairly typical of just about any job you get..who wants to work? (Unless you have your dream job). I have to say I lasted a lot longer at this job than a lot of others before I started feeling the dread of Mondays. I have worked here now over 7 months and I am just starting to feel this way. A lot of that I think has to do with the fact that summer is quickly approaching and I hate being inside during the summer. AND, partly I really just wish I had a little kid at home to watch after and enjoy my days with them rather than at a desk answering telephone calls to a bunch of strangers. Complaining I guess doesn't really get me anywhere so I won't bore you with anymore details. So for now, hurray for the weekends...I wish they were longer.
Goals for this week:
1. Start a Toning exercise routine.
2. No going out to eat (except for lunch today..oops)
3. Get some wheat for my food storage.
4. Scriptures and Prayer EVERY night!
5. Re-Organize Food Cupboards
6. Work on One Graphic design project.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I got that way too! I had only been working a couple of months and was itching to be done so I could be a Mom.
Jon tells me he doesn't know how I can do it all day, but I can't think of anything I would want to do more. Your time is coming - this will just help you appreciate it all the more. I will warn you though, being home ALL day definitely takes some getting used to even when you think your kid is the cutest little blessing in the world! :)

Tink said...

Don't worry Nanny your time will come. Being a Mom is the best! It is my dream job! The weekends are still too short because then my cute husband has to go back to work. Paint a picture and think of me because oil paints are the last thing I'll be getting out for a while:). It may not be the same as having a kid to chase after but, you probably won't have as many opportunities when you get one.