Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Go Aggies Go Aggies Hey Hey Hey!


Andrew and I went our first Aggie basketball game together the other day and it was SO MUCH FUN! First of all, the fact the both Andrew and I haven't been to a game together is astounding. Without knowing it, some of my first memories of Andrew were of him front row (behind the basket) with his mullet wig at the games. I being on the kitty-corner front section I had a good view of the other front-rowmen and they were well...embarrassing, but they certainly added to the crowd. We went to a Louisianna Tech game which in the past I remembered as a team that we almost always beat at home, but lost to in the Big West tournament. SO, that was the game I picked thinking it would be a good one. Well, it was a good one, however we completely creamed them so the suspense wasn't there, but I thoroughly enjoyed being there with Andrew and even though we were in the old people section, it was great to have someone with equal enthusiasm for the game. Oh...Good times. I am pretty sure if I had the money I would buy us season tickets next year. Andrew and I have only been gone 2 years so we saw a lot of old friends (from a distance) which I am sure added to the fun. Part of us felt like we should be in the student section, but then there was another part of us that said "there is a time when you should move on" We thought this as we saw some of our "old" friends still there cheering after...7yrs. They were still cheering some of the cheers that Andrew and his friend Duffy made up, and the aggiettes are still terrible dancers in my opinion. AND the current big blue I actually have been on a group date with. I loved it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh the memories - good times. If I had season tickets I would totally use them but ONLY if it were for the Aggies! Jon likes to observe in silence, so I am probably the embarrassing one between the two of us. Equal enthusiasm does NOT define us! :)