Economic Stimulus Check

So Andrew and I have been trying to decide what we want to do with our Economic Stimulus check. We have thought about doing the responsible thing and putting towards paying off the cars or saving it (hah). These ideas of course quickly get pushed aside when we see our T.V. that has missing buttons and things (Andrew's parent's old T.V.). There is also the idea of spliting it and letting each of us each pick whatever we want. I would probably get some new clothes and a new chair for my office. In the end we will have to see where we sit and decide what to do. What are you going to do with yours?

Comments

paige said…
We are paying of some CC bills ... no fun. We also have a balance at Best Buy for our TV we got when we moved (we left our old one there). As for the rest, I think we really are going to try to save it since things continue to come up, like a need a new kitchen faucet, thermostat, etc. Plus, Lorin working on comissions has proven to be risky with no money in savings. Yikes!
kenna said…
We thought about taking care of some bills too, but that's what we are doing with our tax return so I'm getting NEW COUCHES! OH YEAH!!!
Kurt Keyser said…
Since Kurt's bonus paid for most of Hawaii (woohoo I am going to Maui!)...tax refund is buying us bikes and is being saved for a future house...this nice little check will probably pay for plane tickets at Thanksgiving time to Utah and some Christmas presents.
Becky said…
I am not sure but that guy is hilarious!!
Sheena said…
Getting new clothes sounds like a lot of fun. We are going to do the responsible thing and put it into savings (yeah, I have a financial planner as a husband.) But some of that savings is probably going to go towards getting furniture when we move into a house, hopefully this year, yay!
Are you kidding???! I am married to Richard Bean - we'll save it or put it towards paying off our house because "Every little bit counts."

Ahhh, if only I were as dedicated as Richard. We'd have no furniture or home decor, we'd sleep on futons, drive go carts that get their "go" from how fast our feet peddle them and we'd wear loin cloths to cover our nakedness. And all that would make us happy because our house would be paid for!

(Just kidding Babe, you know I luv ya!)
Jen said…
SAVE IT! it will all go towards school & bills- i am excited for some extra $ help!
paige said…
Actually, the more i think about it we will probably be covered by our taxes for paying off bills. I would love new carpet in the front room & a TV for the kitchen so Polly & I can still watch movies without ruining the said new carpet. :)
Alishia said…
LAPTOP!!....or maybe rent?
good question. we'll probably put it into savings. which will later pay for rent while we're in wa. for kenny's internship. sounds boring, huh?

Popular Posts