Friday, March 21, 2008

If I were to be an animal, I would be a bird.

One of the things that I love about living in Benson is all of the birds we have around here. Naturally with the water and the fields it becomes a ideal spot for birds to be. Last night as Andrew and I were going to bed he asked me what bird we were hearing and he told me it was a Killdeer

This morning along the side
of the road I also
saw a Sandhill crane
And we sometimes
see Great Blue Heron
Yesterday I saw two white Pelicans
And of course there are plenty of Goosen (as Andrew likes to call them)
and owls
And Eagles and Hawkes
That just to name some of the bigger birds. There are also pheasant, if you remember that was the one that I hit with my car. And pigeons and robins and all different kind of song birds. Oh and of course, seagals. Ducks. I keep thinking of them. I love birds, so this is cool to me.

6 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Wow...I had no idea there was such a variety out there. Very cool!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

btw - I love the easter egg picture on your heading. I am still trying to figure out how to get that to work for me.

Jen said...

I'm between a bird & a giraffe. I can't decide.

Becky said...

Ooh fun! I hope they are still all around for the reunion! Between the fish and the bird I would definitely choose to be the bird. I love swimming but even snorkeling freaks me out a bit - as cool as it is and as much as I love it...those little fishies scare me. I like to get close but not too close if ya know what I mean! :)

DeAnna said...

I forgot some, quail and swan.

Alishia said...

Birds are the best!well....until Andrew shoots you down!