Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Work work work

As you all know I have been working towards becoming a graphic designer. Less of you know that I actually applied for a job and was even called (or actually emailed) to go in for an interview. I think it went well. It didn't seem as though he had a lot of people he was choosing from. I guess at this because he sent me home with a project to do as a "test" to see if I am up to par. While I was sitting there at the interview he had to think of what the project would be. If I were to logically think about it I would assume that someone hiring for a position that had a lot of applicants would already have a project ready for them to do, and might even be likely that they would have all the applicants do the same project. I was probably the last to interview as well since I asked to be interviewed on Monday when I had work off.

My interviewer introduced me to his co-worker and asked if he had taken a look at my resume at all and the other guy said "yes, I was the one who wanted her to come in". It isn't a graphic design company, it is a instructional design company who happens to need a graphic designer. This makes me think that they may be more likely to hire me. Since they aren't likely to have seen hundreds of graphic designers and see where I am lacking.

I finished my project yesterday (a few hours after the interview) and sent it in. We will see what they say.

All-in-all I went into the interview fully prepared to NOT get the job, it wasn't until after that I thought I might have a chance. Even if I don't get it, as Andrew and I have said all along, it will be a good learning experience.

7 comments:

Cali said...

At the very least it never hurts to brush up on your interviewing skills. But I bet you will get it. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations DeAnna! I'm one of those bad friends that didn't know you were interviewing for it. It sounds like you've probably got it though. That's awesome! Congratulations (again :))!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

We'll keep our fingers crossed...

Tink said...

That would be so fun to do. I hope it works out for the best.

Jen said...

Well Congrats in advance!

I agree; everything is a learning experience

Cali said...

Hey there, I finally ordered a frame for the Lilies print, it should be here in a couple weeks. I'm very excited to finally get it up, I'll have to send pictures when I do get it up!

Becky said...

I probably don't have to say this, but you'll have to let us know when you get the job.