Apparently yesterday Kenny didn't escape the snowy roads unscathed yesterday. As he described it, there was a car in front of him that had started sliding sideways up the freeway and in the process of trying to get out of the way, he didn't. From bumper to bumper was damage made by the other car. After Kenny called 911 to report the accident (he was fine) he looked to find the other car, which was difficult because of the blowing snow, he found that they had taken off! HORRIBLE! That is a horrible thing to do. Kenny said it pretty much ruined his day and Mom's apparently. Sources say (Alishia) that Mom was not in a very good mood. I don't doubt that having her new '07 Subaru damaged from front to back didn't go over well. Alishia advised to call Dad if I wanted more details. Poor Mom.
Consequently Kenny and Dad came and picked up Andrew's old truck last night. I am a little sad to see the old (actually it only and '01) Toyota go, it was nice and small and a great little truck. With Andrew getting his new truck from work, however, we didn't really need two. Dad had already said he wanted to get the truck, it was just a matter of a week that he would be sorting out the details. This expidited the process and off the truck went.
I guess Kenny and Dad will be speding some quality time in the garage fixing up both Kenny's car and Mom's car. Andrew purposely gets rid of old cars so he can avoid such quality time. I had to explain to him yesterday how Dad would actually be making money in this process by getting the money from the inurance company to fix the car and then fixing it himself for much cheaper.
Moral of the story, Drive safe.
5 comments:
OH DEAR!! THAT IS HORRIBLE. I am so glad Andrew had an extra truck available. What a blessing - in deep disguise. :)
Stupid person who took off! Seriously! I hate Utah drivers especially in the winter.
Oh that is sooooooooo low! The nerve of some people!!
Yes I was in a bad mood, but I'm very glad Kenny wasn't injured. I was worried as he waited on the freeway for a police officer to come that he might get hit again. It was a terrible day to be driving! And about the Subaru.....oh well :(
Oh yeah, Dad's not too unhappy. He loves Andrew's truck. I didn't think he would be able to pull it off (getting the truck). Thanks Andrew!
Post a Comment