It was snowing again this morning. Not such a rare thing these days, luckily it wasn't snowing very hard and not really sticking to the roads when I left for work this morning. Well, that didn't matter much because the guy in the jeep (jeep-like) car in front of me still was a little wimpy and couldn't possibly go the speed limit, he had to go at least 10 under. I would consider myself a pretty safe driver as well as one that typically obeys the speed limit. No matter, the road that we live on is a little slick and I am okay if he wants to drive a little slower, plus I didn't get to him until I was almost to the end of the road anyway. Well, when we got to the intersection to turn onto the highway, I starting thinking words like..moron, you and I both could have made that gap, what are you waiting for. It wasn't until there were no other cars in view (and you can see quite a ways down the road going both directions) that he finally eased his way onto the highway.
At this point I was a little annoyed, and also noticed he was on his cell-phone, even better. Now that we are on the main highway, where the roads are even more clear (completely capable of going the speed limit) he decides that he still wants to go 10 under. I couldn't pass him, every opportunity failed me. After a few minutes of following this guy...I honked. I am not one to promote road rage and I wasn't really even mad, just annoyed. I am not afraid to use the tool so easily available. This must have brought him to his senses because he finally put down his cell phone and sped up to about only 5 below the speed limit and about a block later turned into the gas station, just after the speed limit dropped to 30. In case you are all wondering, I was a little late to work this morning.
I have decided that this is one of my pet peeves, when people drive dramatically under the speed limit when they don't need to and when they are on their cell phones and when I am on my way to work.
3 comments:
cell phones should be banned on the road...of course, I use my cell phone, but I am SURE I don't ever do annoying things like that!
I totally agree!- I have to really try & refrain from letting my temper get the better of me.
I won't use my phone in the car, and never answer while I am driving unless it's Jon and I just say, "I am driving," which he knows to interpret as I can't talk now. It's common knowledge that I can't do two things at once when I'm in the driver's seat.
Post a Comment