Today I sold my first real painting!... I am not sure how I feel about it. It is Andrew's painting. I painted the view behind the house and the landlords came over and looked at it and really liked it. Well, Jodine called and asked if she could buy a print and (I had just talked to Andrew) told her pricing and everything, but that I would sell the original for about double what the print would cost. I didn't think she would actually take it, but she did!! So, I kinda feel bad because I am selling Andrew's painting..I am a little sentimental, but I guess if anyone was going to buy it, I am glad that it is someone that grew up in that house and looked over that pond a million more times than we did. They will probably love it more than we do.
I am excited because I feel like an official artist. :) I don't know at what point you become official, but now I feel officially official. Anyway, Andrew always complained that he would have liked the picture at a different angle so, I will have to do another one for him at the angle that he wants :). Plus I am excited because I feel really blessed. I think that Heavenly Father is helping me out by helping me sell these paintings, he really does look out for us.
6 comments:
DeAnna, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is SOOOOO exciting. WHAHOO!!
He really does take care of us. I am certain that He is helping you. :) I bet your landlord will feel blessed when he opens it too!
Congratulations DeAnna, that's AWESOME!
Wow! Very cool! That's a good little bit of pocket money...enough to buy a crib!
That's Awesome! I would definitly say that you are an official painter now!
You have been blessed w/ a wonderful gift.
Your paintings are beautiful! I loved looking at your portfolio!
Congratulations! Once you start getting paid for something, you can safely call yourself a member of that trade... so you're definitely an official painter.
Post a Comment