Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas



Christmas is coming so fast I hardly know what I am going to do! I was talking to (my) Mom on the phone the other day and she said that there was only 2 weeks until Christmas and I nearly panicked. I have had so many things to do lately that I didn't know if I was going to be able to do them all. I have been working on some paintings for Mother-in-law (thanks to Andrew) and those have taken up a bit of my time, and trying to not neglect a painting requested by another friend. Plus there of course is all of the shopping (Which I got up at 6:30 on Saturday to do, so I could avoid the crowds). And then I wanted to try and make Gingerbread men for the neighbors. Plus of course we went to the Christmas Concert at the Conference Center and then doing all this plus taking care of a puppy and trying to learn all about graphic arts and still retain sanity. Oh yes, and then there was the clock that we made for my in-laws and then finishing up gifts for my own family and getting my other painting prepped for selling.

HOWEVER, I took a break yesterday and decided I wasn't going to do any of it. I went home and made dinner, and because I wanted to, decided to keep painting (it is looking good!). I also made a list of things to do at work and deligated them to different days of the week. It is hard for me to sit at work when I know I could be home getting everything on my list done if I just had ONE full day to do them all.

Andrew is pretty excited to be heading home though, we haven't been since Labor Day before we got married. His entire family is going to be in town this year, so it will be quite the experienc, especially since I will be meeting some of his family for the 2nd time...ever. I just hope things go well, my first Christmas away from home! (Okay technically I spent Christmas at Jenny's house, but she is my sister, so that is hardly "away")

On a completely different topic. I have, as I am sure most of you have, gotten into politics a bit more this election and have been interested to keep up with the polls and the different platforms etc. I was interested to find that Romney is up 5% since the last time I checked putting him in 3rd place for the Republican party. Guiliani is leading with 24% of votes, Huckabee at 22% and Romney at 16%. Guliani however was down 12% since the last poll was taken. I thought this was interesting. I would hope for Huckabee over Guiliani for various reasons but think Romney would do a great job. I don't know if you are aware, but there have been 19 republican presidents and 13 democratic. This makes me wonder if Guiliani, from New York, only picked Republican, because he thought it would increase his chances of being elected. As for the Democrats, Hillary and Obama are still at the top, but I don't pay as much attention to them, but if I were to pick between the two, I would go for Obama. There is just something about Hillary?...I don't know..I don't know what I think about a women as president. Most of the Women that I know that would make a good president...I don't really like as people. That is totally my opinion and nothing I am so set on I would take it to my grave either, maybe if she does make it, she will prove me wrong.


I also have learned how incredibly smart Mitt Romney is, he went to Yale, Graduated at the top of his class at BYU and then got a duel business/law degree.

4 comments:

Cali said...

I bet Romney would do a lot for the economy with the business knowledge - he has to know more than any recent or current presidents do.

Cali said...

By that I mean hopefully getting the country on its way out of debt. (But that will undoubtedly take YEARS to accomplish).

Wynter said...

lol, I know how that is, this will be my very first Christmas away from my family, and my first time meeting his sister that doesnt really like me for who knows y... she said that she doesnt like me cause ill be taking travis away from her... ya I dunno! Well good luck with Christmas! I know how it is.. this was the first christmas that i got everything done before the 24th ;)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Just taking the results produced by Romney concerning Salt Lake's Olympic disaster is enough for me to gain some tremendous respect, but after listening to what he had to say in the live conference a few weeks ago concerning religeon has put him in my top spot. Amazing speech! If you haven't already, I might suggest you read or listen to it (I recommend finding a video clip and listening instead of reading it).