Today I have the beloved experience of being tested on my ability to shoot a 22. I am not sure what to think. One side of me says, DeAnna you are taking a hunters safety class with a kid that is only 8 yrs old, if he can do it...you definitely can. Then my other side kicks in and says Yes, but you have only ever shot a gun about 4x in your life, probably as many times as the 8 yr old! I will have to let you know whether or not I pass the hunter safety class, it would be torture to have to take it again!! Not that I don't find the information valuable, but I do believe I could absorb as much info in 3 hrs as it took us to absorb in 15. For those of you who may be wanting to take the class in the future BE EDUCATED in knowing that they are available ONLINE. If only I knew. I think that you have to put in the same amount of time, but who wouldn't rather do it from their computer in their pj's? Since I did not take it online I am going to go home today and practice a little to make sure I can shoot stuff at 30 yards, not very far I know, but the targets aren't very big either.
Another thing that largely bothers me. There are three boys about 12 in our class that every time they come head straight for the soda machine and get 2 pops and then a candy bar. Then the exercise repeats itself and they buy another soda and candy during the break. Between the three of them the eats about 5 candy bars and 6 sodas every tuesday and thursday....no wonder there is an obesity epidemic. Where are they parents? Do they even know? Are they supplying the money?
Reality Check: After I imagine myself at twelve years old, I remember getting a baby ruth and beach nuts everyday before school. Where were my parents? Did they even know? Were they supplying the money? (ok they actually were but they didn't know that I was taking it out of the change jar in their closet. They found out later and I got in big trouble ha ha). BUT STILL, we should do something about the availability of healthier foods in vending machines.
2 comments:
Beech nuts! HA ha all the memories just came flooding back. :)
I am not even remembering what beech nuts are. It's really bugging me because I know I should remember!
Post a Comment