
There are a few thing that I want to post about today, that are not really related to each other except that they chronologically happened all this week!
First off...my last day of classes was on Wednesday. In case you don't know. I have been going to class Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the last 8 months spending up to 6 hours in a chair learning to be the best educator possible. I also finished my practicum on Friday which means I spent two weeks teaching someone else's class. I also tried to work at Northern Title in the evenings during all of this and still keep things running in my Art Class. I tell you all this so you can put the right amount of emphasis on this. Can I hear a HALLELUJAH!!!
I really feel that I have learned a lot and through the practicum and all my classes I think I will be a much better teacher and even a better parent. Really the hugs that I got from the students on my last day were so rewarding. One student in particular that struggles socially and can be really hard to manage sometimes. He came up to me and gave me the most sincere hug and I caught the reflection of his face in the mirror and he was smiling with his eyes closed. It was so sweet, it made my day. I am so excited to have this all done and be able to look forward to next year and have the chance to love 25 kids of my own and share my life and experience with them.
Because of all the chaos these last few weeks I have felt that I have lost track of the most important things. I was in tears the other night and told Andrew that I was feeling particularly horrible because I had not been reading my scriptures daily, I wasn't praying daily, we had lost our routine of nightly prayers together, I hadn't done my visiting teaching lately....the list goes on. I was a CRAPPY member of the church I wasn't doing hardly anything I knew I should. Andrew and I talked and even though it was really late we knelt and prayed together. The next night Andrew was ready on the floor waiting for me to kneel beside him (I thought this was such a sweet gesture because he was showing that he was listening and wanted to support me in the efforts I was trying to make). I made a little extra time to read in the morning while I ate breakfast. I had made a few small changes and recommitted to working on everything else. I want to share with you what a huge difference it has made. Some of the financial struggles have been eased. My stresses have been lessened. My attitude better. Andrew and I's relationship, more loving. This has all occurred in the course of a week. We had a lesson in Sunday school today about being as a little child. I think of this when I imagine that someone could have thought that all the changes that I noticed with week were just a coincidence. An adult might question the authenticity of where these blessings really came from. I know that I am being blessed for trying to do the right things and it has been a great reminder to me to focus on what is most important. Henry B. Eyering shared in a talk about him putting the gospel first even though he was very busy and had interviews and many things going on. He shared that he got the job because he showed his future employers his dedication. This is what I need to remember and know what I won't be able to touch my students the same if I don't have the Spirit to guide me.
Okay!...So! Who is ready to PARTY!
Because of all the chaos these last few weeks I have felt that I have lost track of the most important things. I was in tears the other night and told Andrew that I was feeling particularly horrible because I had not been reading my scriptures daily, I wasn't praying daily, we had lost our routine of nightly prayers together, I hadn't done my visiting teaching lately....the list goes on. I was a CRAPPY member of the church I wasn't doing hardly anything I knew I should. Andrew and I talked and even though it was really late we knelt and prayed together. The next night Andrew was ready on the floor waiting for me to kneel beside him (I thought this was such a sweet gesture because he was showing that he was listening and wanted to support me in the efforts I was trying to make). I made a little extra time to read in the morning while I ate breakfast. I had made a few small changes and recommitted to working on everything else. I want to share with you what a huge difference it has made. Some of the financial struggles have been eased. My stresses have been lessened. My attitude better. Andrew and I's relationship, more loving. This has all occurred in the course of a week. We had a lesson in Sunday school today about being as a little child. I think of this when I imagine that someone could have thought that all the changes that I noticed with week were just a coincidence. An adult might question the authenticity of where these blessings really came from. I know that I am being blessed for trying to do the right things and it has been a great reminder to me to focus on what is most important. Henry B. Eyering shared in a talk about him putting the gospel first even though he was very busy and had interviews and many things going on. He shared that he got the job because he showed his future employers his dedication. This is what I need to remember and know what I won't be able to touch my students the same if I don't have the Spirit to guide me.
Okay!...So! Who is ready to PARTY!
2 comments:
Hallelujah!! and congratulations!! I am so excited for you ... so does this mean you are all done or do you still have some more semesters? Miss you guys!
Ahhh....I am happy for you!
Post a Comment