Did you feel it?

This morning was especially difficult to get out of bed, the fog was covering any possible sunshine and my head was like a lead ball trying to be craned off my pillow. Regardless if I wanted to look at all cute for work today I needed to get up. Andrew informed me last night that I had kinda looked funny the day before. Unfortunately I had to agree with him because I still have the ever-continuing problem of getting pants that are long enough and shoes that are small enough. Bad combinations of the two can destroy an outfit, such a destruction took place yesterday.
Somehow I still didn't end up with enought time to look "cute" this morning and rushed to my car 5 minutes late to get it warmed up. As I tried to skirt across the ice in my high heels I noticed an out of place noise at my right. Looking over I discovered that there was water spraying all across our lawn. Our snow-covered lawn. I was also standing in a new layer of slush-almost-ice at the doorstep. My first thought was that it was the spicket for the hose, but when I came back around the truck after starting my car I noticed it was the sprinkler.
I decided it was a good enough cause to yank Andrew out of bed, so I told him and went and checked it out. He said there was a ton of water in the basement too. (great) I unfortunately had to leave for work, so I trudged over the slush-almost-ice once again and headed off.
I got to work finding a giant box of burnt-out flourescent light-bulbs leaning on my chair with a sticky asking how we were doing on re-ordering some. This being the 3rd time this week I found a big box on my desk in order to re-order something, I was a little annoyed (I don't need the entire giant box to get the picture). I then went to the supply closet and pulled out the new box of flourescent lights and put a sticky note on the new giant box that was now leaned up against his desk that said "We have some".
His only response was "oh I must have missed it" being much more polite that my thoughts had been (shame on me). He then asked if I had felt the earthquake! I had no idea, but had heard something similar on the radio, but didn't really think about it. He said it was at 7:30 and that they had felt it here in the office and some things were shaking. I concluded that I was sewing at 7:30 last night and that might have been why I didn't feel anything. I then checked ksl and realized it was at 7:30 A.M. this morning and was reading about how a hotel in Navada had cracks in some walls and a water line broke! Then it clicked. I think I know why our sprinkler randomly decided to go off this morning (and not all winter before).
I hurried and called Andrew and he thought I was joking at first, but after explaining he concluded that may have very well been the cause of our mini flood this morning. Plus the landlords had turned the timers off the sprinklers but not the sprinklers themselves off. So after digging through the snow to get to the box, Andrew was able to get everything fixed. Thank goodness for handy husbands, and thank goodness we are renting and the landlords get to pay for everything to be fixed!
Unfortunately I was in a hurry for work and didn't get a picture. I do want to add that it was another morning that I feared for my life because of the fog that blinded the highway as I pulled out, I am shocked nobody has wrecked there. I literally rely on the "Stop Ahead" sign so I can be sure to slow down soon enough. Crazy Morning.

Comments
I laughed out loud on how you handled the box of lights! I'm still laughing...very funny.
Wow! Earthquakes! That is definitly something i have never experienced before.