Alex
I feel the need to update on Alex. I think his kitten phase is over. Which to many may be sad however, this transition into adulthood has proven to be beneficial. He is a much better cat than he ever was. AND I believe him to be a smart one. A little training with the squirt bottle has done wonders for our scratching, biting, off-the-wall kitten. He also loves me. He will follow me around the house and find a place to relax wherever I go, and needs at least five minutes of devoted attention in the morning when I get out of bed, if he doesn't get this attention he will find a way on the counter and get right up in my face until I make sure to give him devoted 1-on-1 time. He doesn't care for Andrew.
The only way to get him to leave me alone is to turn on the blow dryer. Alex also sleeps on his back. After all the complaining I did and his rebelious childhood, I thought I would redeem him and share that he is a very pleasant cat these days and we will be making him more pleasant by getting him fixed in the next week or two. I thought I would add that he gets up onto the toilet to get onto the counter in the bathroom. The other day I had left the lid open (to try and keep him from jumping up) and he still tried and landed right in the bowl. He was back out of the bowl faster than a gunshot. It made my morning (at the expense of the cat).

Comments
Glad you have a nice cat now...I think it's so cute he likes his one on one with just you.