Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sigh


Well, I feel a little embarrassed posting this because you think we would learn eventually. Yesterday I got a call at work from a neighbor stating that he caught our dogs chasing his cows and that he currently had Nash...the other two ran off. GRR. I quickly called Andrew who didn't pick up his phones so I ran over to his work (the convenience of only working a few doors down) and interrupted the phone call he was on to tell him the dogs were out and to check his phone messages. I left before he got off the phone, but he headed straight for the dogs just after I left. Luckily they had collected the other two dogs by the time he got there and was able to get all 3 back. Phew! Andrew decided to teach them a lesson before he filled the hole in and put the shock collar on the two "usual culprits" and waited around the corner. The second Tucker (the main culprit) started for the hole Andrew made sure it wasn't a pleasant experience. Skip having been shock-collar trained knew that the collar meant trouble, barely approached the hole with the collar on, he backed up before Andrew had to teach any lessons...and my little Nash, completely without collar didn't even try. I love that one.


Sadly the news doesn't end there. On Sunday I let the cat out before we went to church because she was in a particularly ferocious mood and was biting my ankles and trying to climb up Andrews leg with his nice suit on...we thought outside was a more appropriate hang-out. We usually leave her outside when we go to work anyway, so she wouldn't have too much trouble while we were at church.... Well we were a little wrong. We haven't seen her since :( We have noticed that even though her cat food is getting eaten, it is by the other BIG cats in the neighborhood. One in particular we call Lucky because it is still there even with Andrews efforts to get rid of it. Yesterday we found Lucky eating the cats food and were able to call it to us while it at and made friends with it. Slowly we were able to get it into the house. We pet it for a little bit and eventually Andrew shut the door and we trapped it in. I tried to see if it would let me pick it up....no, it growled and bit my wrist and it scared me and I no longer liked it at all. It really just made me miss my kitten, who always let me pick it up and would actually jump up on my shoulder and perch there. At that point Andrew and I decided that we were going to turn it into the Humane Society and we trapped it with Tuna Fish in the dog kennel and locked it in the garage until this morning. Andrew said they were just going to put it to sleep so I might as well just let him "take care of it" but I told him that the cat was named Lucky for a reason and that I didn't want to chance the possibility of it coming back. Especially since we felt that it might be the reason why Alice wasn't there, we think it scared her off its "territory". So, he I believe was planning on taking the dogs out to a place in the valley that they go duck hunting and was going to bring the cat too. This morning I noticed that even with Lucky being locked up that the cat food was still eaten, so we think that there are more cats around that we may need to get rid of. Meanwhile I am really praying that my cat comes back. In case you are wondering, yes I might have an unhealthy attachment to my cat, but really she is still a kitten and how can you not love a kitten?

5 comments:

Becky said...

OH - how sad. You'll have to let us know as soon as she comes back!

kenna said...

If you need another kitty, let me know. My inlaws always have an influx of kitties and I can't have one...

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Oh, poor Alice. And those dogs...you didn't have trouble until Tucker came along. I think you should ditch the devil-dog. He is nothing but trouble. And trust me, if the dogs keep chasing your neighbors cows, well, their patience will run thin. I wish I didn't know that from experience.

Becky said...

I check back everyday and still haven't seen that she has returned. I hope she is okay. Poor Alice. Poor DeAnna.

Wynter said...

Thats so sad, have you figured out what happend to her yet?