Monday, September 10, 2007

The Dogs

I was telling Betsy that I was ready for the spider picture to no longer be at the top of my page, so I thought I would add another blog and update everyone on my lonely week without Andrew.
Day 1: No phone call from Andrew, Alishia forgot about our sleepover (at least she was having fun country dancing). Sad day
Day 2: I came home to find Skip and Tucker escaped the dog kennel (Nash was a good and was in the yard). I spent 1.5 hrs telling neighbors and searching for them. Thankfully my sis-in-law invited me to eat at her house (her hubby was with Andrew too). I came home to find that our neighbor drove around and found my dogs. Good neighbor. I talked to Andrew briefly (his left his cell phone). Stressful, but ok day (people make a big difference)
Day 3: I cleaned the house and did laundry and Alishia remembered our sleepover, I gave her charcoal pic I drew. I got to talk to Andrew. Good and Productive Day.
Day 4: I weeded my flower bed and went grocery shopping..productuve. Dogs dug around the brick and bucket I used to block their hole...didn't find them. Exasperating day.
Day 5: Andrew came home at 6:00 am, and slept while I went to church. I announced the missing dogs. After church we searched for them. When we came home they were in the kennel and I had 3 messages from my neigbors. Good Day. I love my neighbors.

Skip isn't doing so well, we aren't sure what is wrong with him but he seems really tired and won't hardly move (sore muscles maybe?) Tucker suffered a inch long gash that sent skin flapping that we bandaged with my handy first aid kit. Nash was very happy to see them both but didn't have much time to play since the others were so tired they just layed there. Plans for Kennel reinforcements are underway! I think now would be a good time to add that the cat has stayed put and she doesn't have any current injuries and likes to sleep in our dirty clothes bin at night.

No comments: