Friday, September 21, 2007

Catching Up

I created this mostly for Cali because I think it is rediculous that I don't even know where she works, since when did she want to go into accounting and so on....They are meant to be somewhat open-ended, feel free to have long answers...the point is that I am wanting to know more, not less. (Just because I had Cali in mind doesn't mean, I don't want to hear the same from everyone else)

1. Where do you work?: Northern Title Company
2. Why did you choose to work there? Because I knew what I would be doing and I thought that with my work experience I would be able to get paid more.
3. Do you like your job? So far I love it, I have worked here almost a month...usually after a couple weeks I can tell if I am going to like it or not, but I don't forsee any problems yet, which I think is great!
5. What are the Pros/Cons? The Pro's are that I work only 4 doors down from Andrew and we can have lunch together and everything. It is a nice 8-5 and no holidays, overtime and benefits etc. I really like the people I work with and have a pretty comfortable working environment. Cons, I am the receptionist, which is generally known as the bottom of the totum poll, but hopefully I can work up quickly and give the post to someone else :).
6. What was/is your major/minor? Exercise Science/Human Development
7. What made you pick that? Honestly my Patriarchal Blessing, otherwise it probably would have been English and Art.
8. Do you have any pets? Yes, I have 3 dogs, 3 snakes, 3 turtles, and my cat (which is lost at the moment and I hope comes back.
9. Are they inside or outside pets? The dogs are out...the cat is in and out. Everything else is in.
10. Where do you live? I live in Benson, which is just West of Logan.
11. Do you like it? I love it there, I am not much of a cowgirl, but the people there are great and the country is beautiful and we live right on the pond which is also beautiful, so that works.
12. What are the top 5 things on your "wants" list?
a. My Kitten to come home
b. To stop working and get a kid
c. A bosch or kitchen aid.
d. A desktop computer
e. payoff student loans
13. What is stopping you from getting them? Money, the fact that a cat in the country is like a needle in a haystack and the need for health insurance and the desire to be better financially "able".
14. Where is your next vacation location? I think probably St. Maries Idaho (it is up by Cour de'Alain which is where Andrew's parents are from)
15. What is the best thing about your life right now? Andrew :)
16. Why? He cleaned the house and mowed the lawn for me yesterday before I got home. (I guess he got sick of work-at work)
17. Worst? My Kitten is gone :( (I don't know why, but I am really attached)
18. If you had unlimited talent what would you do different than what you are doing now? Oooh, I would play the piano really well and not worry when they ask me to play in Relief Society. I would be a much better painter and I would sell my artwork for money and get paid to paint all day. I would be more athletic and prove that even though I am small I can still kick butt :) (Yes, it was painful to be the smallest in the Exercise Science major....HOWEVER, for my size I am in the 90th percentile for bench press...yes, that means if I was playing other people my size, I would dominate)
19. What are 5 things you would say that you do well? (a moment to recognize that you are good at something)
a. I socialize well, I don't have a hard time meeting new people or striking up conversation with just anyone.
b. I would say I do art well, but not great.
c. I am a descent decorator, the only thing slowing me down is $$$
d. I am a pretty good Sewer, when I take the time.
e. I am a great cleaner, especially my new car. (the old one not as much)
20. If you were to make any changes in your life right now, what would they be? I would make Andrew light the pilot light in the furnace so we can turn on the heater so our house isn't 65 every time I come home. (He is determined to not use the heater until there is frost on the windows (there was some on my car this morning...I wonder if that counts).

2 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

1. Where do you work?: As a mother, at home.
2. Why did you choose to work there? Because I can be underappreciated, over-worked, under-paid and still absolutely love every minute of it!
3. Do you like your job? Almost all the time.
5. What are the Pros/Cons PROS:I am in charge of my time, how I use it, when I do things. I am the boss. CONS: I have to do the same #%&! things every, single day.
6. What was/is your major/minor?NA
7. What made you pick that?
8. Do you have any pets? a dog and a cat.
9. Are they inside or outside pets? the dog is inside and a member of the family. The cat does whatever she darn well pleases and that usually means she wakes us up at 4 AM to be let back outside.
10. Where do you live? Spanish Fork
11. Do you like it? Yes and No. Someday, I think I'll settle somewhere else, but for now, it's wonderful and I can't complain.
12. What are the top 5 things on your "wants" list? Hmm, this might take more thought than I am able. On a very superficial level: 1. Trees in my backyard (coming this spring) 2. To visit the east coast. 3. To have a cabin somewhere spectacular 4. More kitchen pantry space. 5. a wheat grinder.
13. What is stopping you from getting them? money...always the money
14. Where is your next vacation location?we haven't really decided. Maybe Disneyland for the kids, perhaps a cruise. If I am extremely lucky, the East coast!
15. What is the best thing about your life right now? Being home, having our needs met and a little more, healthy, happy kids...I could probably go on and on.
16. Why?
17. Worst?I really can't think of anything. Maybe it's that my list of wants is fulfilled, but it's a good thing to have to wait for stuff in life or to be denied things.
18. If you had unlimited talent what would you do different than what you are doing now? Lately, I have been wishing I were more computer and graphic design literate. I would paint more, but I guess I could do that anyway. There really isn't much I would do different. I am pretty happy with life as it is.
19. What are 5 things you would say that you do well? Oh good grief..I hate these kinds of questions. Couldn't we just list someone elses? (I finally called my hubby and asked him what he thought) So, according to Richard: 1. cooking 2. peacemaker 3. Arts and Crafts 4. Organize 5. Music
20. If you were to make any changes in your life right now, what would they be? I really wouldn't change anything. Things are pretty much wonderful. I might make myself a little more knowledgable, but lucky for me, that's something I am in control of.

Cali said...

DeAnna, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had filled it out down here. (You must've edited it or something?) I was expecting it on a whole new post, so I didn't even look at this one. Sorry! That is so funny about Andrew not wanting to turn the furnace on yet - do you think all men are the same that way?!?