This has been a nice Sunday. We switched to the 11:00 schedule and it was really nice to sleep in a little and have the girls all ready BEFORE we got to church. Admittedly I have done their hair sitting on the floor between the benches. They miraculously reemerge with their hair done. Andrew had dinner ready in the crockpot before we left so we mashed some potatoes and had an elk gravy over potatoes with Caesar salad. I took a short nap while Andrew was at his Missionary meeting and now we are cooking brownies. The kids are now scraping the batter bowl while the brownies bake.
Christmas break has been wonderful, but busy. I have enjoyed a break from the intense routine that I have been keeping up with. I didn't get as much free time as I wanted though. I ended up spending about 4 days painting the new master bedroom. Which was NOT fun, but it seems ridiculous to complain when it means that I will be getting a master bedroom out of it! Carpet comes on Wednesday and we will be done with the room. Andrew still has to finish the roof, but we will be able to move in. It is a good thing too because the baby is due on January 10. 7 more days.!
The Beans came for Christmas. It was very fun. The kids had a great time and it was really nice to have their company. The kiddos got sleds from Santa. They have gone out nearly 3x a day since. 2 have already broken partly due to the near zero temperatures. (below zero at night). They have been really fun to watch. The channel below the house has completely frozen over so we have a pretty neat sledding run. They were able to talk to Gavin on his mission. Carillisa only brought it up a few times (over 10) :D I think she was pretty excited. I got her a barn window with a collage of pictures of her kids in each frame. It turned out cute. She got me a bunch of kitchen stuff. They spoiled the kids and I'm pretty sure had a great time doing it.
We all went to Hardware Ranch....it was so cold! (Mom and Dad, Bean and Jenkins) We waited nearly an hour to get a sleigh ride around the elk. Poor Emily was so cold she was in tears. I was in serious pain when my toes started to warm back up. I could still feel their stiffness the next day.
Chelsea has been doing a lot better lately. She has made a "friend" at her place in Ogden which I'm really glad for. I feel like she has been a lot more distracted. I asked her how she was feeling and she said more and more miserable, which means the baby must be coming soon. She has been really nice and sent baby clothes and receiving blankets. My mom went to the store the other day and had a good time buying a few things. She has also been here to help do laundry and clean things up.
Brynlee's hearing for her Dad to try and terminate our custody got moved to January 26th at 2:00. The first time my heart was nearly beating out of my chest. I was so nervous. I feel calmer going into it this time, but we'll see what happens the day of. We were able to learn about the other side of things based on Grandma's facebook posts, she hasn't been posting as much lately, but part of me prefers to not, it causes a little extra anxiety.
A few of my New Years Resolutions include:
1. Finish the outside of the house and get a fence.
2. Graduate with my Masters
3. Implement a more regular FHE
4. Love every moment with my new baby.
5. Go on date nights.




No comments:
Post a Comment