Sunday, June 7, 2015

Fun

Deep breath.  We have been through a lot lately, but it is turning into good and fun things.  I took the GRE a few weeks ago.  I'm still waiting to see if my scores are good enough to get accepted into my masters program.  I know that I did really well on the language portion, ok on the writing and not so great on the math.  Once the GRE was over I felt like I could breath a little.  School was almost over as well, which made getting the class assignment a little easier as well.  Last week I had 3 days worth of meetings at the elementary school, so Thursday and Friday this week felt like my first real days of summer.  I am finally feeling like I'm getting my footing.  I cleaned my downstairs bathroom and just smiled at how lovely it was.  I seriously couldn't remember the last time that I had deep cleaned it and not just sent the kids in to pick up or a quick wipe here and there.

There has been a lot of fun things in the meantime.  We have had a chance to bond more as a family and things are settling a little more.  We went boating the other day on Andrew's little fishing boat.  It was fun to just go with our little crew and have it be enough for a full outing.  Before it felt like we were not enough or worth the effort, we needed to call someone else to come, but we now have enough to suffice our own private family outings without feeling like we have to add to it. 



We were also able to celebrate Maverick's Birthday.  The girls got in a little trouble because they didn't know how to let Maverick open his OWN presents.







 One of the other fun things came because I was at the school and had prep during Elizabeth's Literacy Day in the first grade.  She had a lot of fun writing available for people to read.  Such a sweet, smart, girl.  Andrew also got me a serger for mother's day, so I have been making pajamas and skirts and other fun things. 


 Sadly, Brynlee's birthdad contested the adoption.  He didn't do anything with a lawyer and hasn't done anything since, but we essentially can't adopt her ever.  She would turn 18 and either he would need to file for custody, which he hasn't done or she would age out.  We instead will have to fight and try to remove his rights as the father and then hope to adopt her after his rights have been revoked.  SO, we are trying to get Mavericks adoption complete to strengthen our case and then also putting a case together to see if we can contest his rights.  We have good evidence against him, but the longer we wait and he does nothing, the better our case looks.  We aren't extremely worried, I feel confident that we will be able to keep her, I think the Lord will make the right things happen.

Meanwhile, Chelsea has some news for us.  She is pregnant again.  Barely.  She isn't due until January.  She thinks that it could be twins, but I think she is just big because this is her 4th pregnancy.  She has already asked us to adopt the baby (yay!!).  I'm really looking forward to it.  Andrew is trying to stay level headed and acknowledge that she could back out, but I doubt she will.  She has already placed her other two with us and was able to go through with that.  She also promised me she wouldn't back out.  Now, I know, there is still a chance she backs out, but I'm optimistic.  The next Shaw could be coming in January!!  Andrew is worried because this is a little bit more expense and we will HAVE to get a new car this time.  :)  It's all good news to me.

On the downside, with all that has been happening and having class on Wednesday  nights I had to ask to get released from my calling.  It took a lot of prayers and reassurance that this masters degree was the right thing to do, but it is.  Every step of the way I am reassured that it is the right thing.  I also calculated the other day and after this summer I only have 9 classes.  I could be done before next summer.  :D  I have also really enjoyed my classes so far as well.  All good things.  Feeling good today :D


No comments: