Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life's a Changin'

There are so many wonderful things that are happening and some fun changes that have become apparent.

She is a very independent/confident gal, if you don't look for a second the project you are working on is now her project.  For example she broke 2 eggs while making German Pancakes the other day.  Also today while helping me with Parmesan Chicken she dropped the chicken into the butter from about a foot away splashing that golden butter, not on her, but all down my pants.....awesome :D.  I have to say though, that I DO love having my little pal to cook with me all the time and keep me company and give me ideas of what to cook.  Today she was THRILLED to show us that she had made her very own creation of strawberry and chocolate milk together. 

Naps will never be the same.  Even with Andrew monitoring her to let me sleep, I keep getting kisses while I sleep.  I never make it into my actual bed to sleep anymore, it is usually an accidental snooze on the couch.  I wake up to "Mom can you wake up"....about 5x before I can drag myself out of bed.  I do love how she says "scrichpers".

I don't think that anything will ever be mine again.  I will never play the piano alone.  My computer will get used by not just me, but me and girl on my lap.  AND the mouse will regularly get taken over by a small hand that wants complete control.  The quilt I made she asks "is that for me"...."it's for us honey". 

People will be disappointed when they get ME on the phone rather than Lizy.   She tells her knock knock jokes that she thinks are so funny.  Knock knock.  Who's there?  Elizabeth.  Elizabeth who?  Elizabeth Shaw...ha ha ha. 

House = It wasn't perfectly clean before but to keep it that same level of clean takes WAY more work than it used to.  I now have 2 rooms to clean instead of 1.  2 sets of laundry to fold.  3 sets of dishes.  etc. etc. 

I said before we got her that my heart grew 3 sizes, but I feel like it is now getting fully filled and I am experiencing emotions and thoughts that are all new and "motherly". 

5 comments:

Sara Lou said...

So happy for you! There's nothing like the feeling you get when a little voice calls out, "Mommy"!

Mindy said...

Welcome to motherhood!!!! You have perfectly expressed exactly how I feel. My favorite is the cries in the night for mommy and knowing I can make that child feel better even if I lose a little sleep. :D

Phill and Jessica said...

Sounds like you need to get her an Easy Bake Oven!

Jen said...

Good for you for letting her cook with you.
I about pull my hair out when i let me kids help in the kitchen. It usually lats about 2 mins before i'm kicking them out. I'm so bad ;)

naps?! haha!
Yep, kiss those naps good bye forever. But the kisses sure are cute :)

Marlyse and Kenny said...

I'm loving catching up on your blog! I'm happy for you guys by the way!