Elizabeth continues to grow on us a little (understatement). I told her today that we were having left overs for dinner. Without help she pulled 3 random items from the fridge, several pots from the cupboard. When I came in she pointed with an air of here it is, "let's cook". She was very pleased with herself and was ready to start throwing things together. Upon closer inspection I found that she was ready to cook together pears, beef and gravy. I was so pleased with her enthusiasm and confidence to cook anything she wanted. I gave her a little advice and we didn't have beef pears, but I gave her lots of hugs and kisses anyway.
I also found that I have to watch her every move. This confidence she has also leads to some fairly dangerous situations. Like her (almost) walking on top of the hot oven yesterday to reach the cereal in the cupboard above. Grabbing the lid, with both hands, to the tin can with razor sharp edges to try and rip it off. Allowing her to click her own "videos" from YouTube (I know duh, but not for the reason you think) because she can find the search bar and types in whatever she wants and searches complete randomness. Gratefully I made a playlist of kid appropriate educational videos and have a wireless mouse and keyboard that I can take away if I can't sit next to her. She also proved to climb into unexpected places and found hidden playdough, that luckily didn't turn out to be too messy of a fix, but there was a small bit of purple in the carpet that I had to dig out.....gah!
No comments:
Post a Comment