Sometimes i think to myself how these children are not mine. they are our Heavenly fathers and i have them on lone. It's a whole lot of responsibility that i feel that i am not worthy to even attempt being a mother.
I think of you often, and maybe this mother's day think of your mother and make it a special day for her until you yourself are able to celebrate that day for you.
I can only imagine how awful Mother's Day is going to be for you this year, and wouldn't blame you at all for sitting this one out.
In response to your question I'm going to refer you to a post I wrote after I had a miscarriage last fall, and a quote by Elder Nelson about when life begins. In short, I do believe you created some lives this month, and gave a body to some of your heavenly children. You may not have been able to deliver them, but you did become a mother to earthly bodies and can perhaps find a little joy knowing that you have some children in heaven celebrating you as a mother this mother's day. I'm sure your strong desire just to be their mother makes them proud and you will have a sweet reunion with them someday. Love you, DeAnna!
The human mind has presumed to determine when “meaningful life” begins. In the course of my studies as a medical doctor, I learned that a new life begins when two special cells unite to become one cell, bringing together 23 chromosomes from the father and 23 from the mother. These chromosomes contain thousands of genes. In a marvelous process involving a combination of genetic coding by which all the basic human characteristics of the unborn person are established, a new DNA complex is formed. A continuum of growth results in a new human being. Approximately 22 days after the two cells have united, a little heart begins to beat. At 26 days the circulation of blood begins. 10 To legislate when a developing life is considered “meaningful” is presumptive and quite arbitrary, in my opinion.
This is late coming, but I want to add to Betsy's comment. I also believe you have become a mother this year - - you will just be waiting to raise them later. Just my personal opinion from my own experiences. I love you DeAnna.
3 comments:
Sometimes i think to myself how these children are not mine. they are our Heavenly fathers and i have them on lone.
It's a whole lot of responsibility that i feel that i am not worthy to even attempt being a mother.
I think of you often, and maybe this mother's day think of your mother and make it a special day for her until you yourself are able to celebrate that day for you.
Love you!!!
I can only imagine how awful Mother's Day is going to be for you this year, and wouldn't blame you at all for sitting this one out.
In response to your question I'm going to refer you to a post I wrote after I had a miscarriage last fall, and a quote by Elder Nelson about when life begins. In short, I do believe you created some lives this month, and gave a body to some of your heavenly children. You may not have been able to deliver them, but you did become a mother to earthly bodies and can perhaps find a little joy knowing that you have some children in heaven celebrating you as a mother this mother's day. I'm sure your strong desire just to be their mother makes them proud and you will have a sweet reunion with them someday. Love you, DeAnna!
http://rbfamilee.blogspot.com/2011/11/eternal-perspective.html
The human mind has presumed to determine when “meaningful life” begins. In the course of my studies as a medical doctor, I learned that a new life begins when two special cells unite to become one cell, bringing together 23 chromosomes from the father and 23 from the mother. These chromosomes contain thousands of genes. In a marvelous process involving a combination of genetic coding by which all the basic human characteristics of the unborn person are established, a new DNA complex is formed. A continuum of growth results in a new human being. Approximately 22 days after the two cells have united, a little heart begins to beat. At 26 days the circulation of blood begins. 10 To legislate when a developing life is considered “meaningful” is presumptive and quite arbitrary, in my opinion.
This is late coming, but I want to add to Betsy's comment. I also believe you have become a mother this year - - you will just be waiting to raise them later. Just my personal opinion from my own experiences. I love you DeAnna.
Post a Comment