Sunday, August 28, 2011

Made it through

I made it through the first few days of school. I honestly am looking forward to more time with structured subjects. They don't just dive in, they have 2 days where you basically talk about rules and procedures. I felt like I was digging for things to fill up the time. Starting next week I will get right into the swing of things. :D

I really have some cute kids in my class, and only 19 of them. Very manageable. I think this is going to be way easier than last semester. They say this is supposed to be the hardest, but the fact that I don't have to spend 4 hours of class after work is a dream to me. I have spent a lot of extra hours, but it was voluntary which has a completely different feel...big difference.

My classroom is so cute too. There are still a handful of things that I would like to do with it, I will get there. Pictures to come soon.

I decided however that even though I LOVE school and all the cuties. What I would love even more would be to send my own little kiddo to school. We watched a show yesterday where the Dad said that the happy ending was his little girl. It broke my heart as I saw Andrew with tears in his eyes. He then told me to call and check on the in-vitro and adoption stuff. Waiting is going to be a new level of hard, especially now that I know Andrew is completely ready and on board.

Wish us luck :D

2 comments:

Jessica GaleForce said...

I love school too! Teaching kids must be so rewarding!! I know how I feel about teaching at church so I imagine its fairly similar.

Are you guys doing both IVF and Traditional Adoption?

Alishia said...

So fun.. I think I might have just teared up a little but no one can see me, so it doesn't count!