
I stopped my former landlord from taking these cool old milk cans to a yard sale a while back and he let me keep them. I wanted to plant flowers in them and was thinking I would arrange them around the mailbox. Carillisa came over and I told her my plan and she asked if I was going to paint them. I had originally decided not to because I had seen some painted and I didn't really like them, plus I liked the old rustic look. She made a good point though and said if I put them by the front door the red would contrast really nicely with the white house and green would contrast nicely with the red also. I went to the garden shop after work and made a project out of it tonight. I have to say I'm pretty happy about how they turned out. I ended up painting them red, but I mixed some darker paint into it and didn't blend it to keep an old not-perfect look to them.
10 comments:
Betsy Lee "likes" this. (reference to Facebook) It does contrast quite nicely!
Oops! That wasn't Richard, if you couldn't tell. I'm signed on to his account. :P
I'm so not a "red" person...
But I have to say that I not only like them, I LOVE them! Do you have any idea where I could find some?! I would love to have one next to my door too! I know I'm a copier ;)
I love it! It looks so good! I never would've thought of not mixing the paint to give it a rustic look, very creative!
I know I have creative juices in me - I just wish I connected to them more often. I love seeing all of the fun things my sisters (and mom)come up with! This is no exception. I love it!
Dude that is very cute. I would totally love to copy one day. One day when I'm not drowning in sweat in Vegas and I can spend time in the great outdoor watering plants and basking the the beautiful tempret sun....can you see where I'm going with this. We're in full swing here and I'm already wishing for winter.
I love that. It's darling.
That is the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!!
You really have a talent for having an eye for an unusual item. It looks terrific. Hmmmm.....you must be an artist or something.
yep...I like the red. You were wise to add some dark and make it look more "rustic". Perfect! I want to see a picture of the whole front of the house so I can see it as a whole...
Post a Comment