FUN!!!

I had a very fun weekend last week with the Beans and Andrew. They came to stay with us for a bit to take a break from "city" life. A bit of country was the ticket ;) We went to our favorite sushi place in town that Marcus and Christa got us hooked on. Much to our pleasure they agreed it was as good as we claimed. I LOVE sushi.

Unfortunately about a half hour before the Beans arrived...it hit. My monthly bit of H-E- double toothpicks. I pretty much hit a wall and couldn't stand up straight for the next 2 days. Luckily Carillisa was perfectly content relaxing on the couch with me. I will save the details of the agony. I will tell you about the incident in Texas Roadhouse. The Beans had never been there before, so despite my logical desire to stay down I wanted to experience it with them. Everyone walked at half pace to help hide the fact that I had to go slow and they didn't laugh as I half hunched my way through the door. I had been down all day up to that point, so the walk from the car to the door was a first for the day. The walk from the door to the table over did it. As we sat C grabbed the metal bucket to break her peanut shell into. I quickly snapped my fingers and she handed it over. I dry heaved a few times until it finally happened. She was very gracious about handing over the bucket she obviously wanted. It would have been great if I thought I could have made it to the bathroom...unfortunately it was too late especially with the pace that I was going that day. Very embarrassing.

I would love to say it was all worth it, but unfortunately Texas Roadhouse was having a bad day and didn't give them the impression I hoped it would. They were unusually slow and the food wasn't cooked well at all. Oh well, I hope they will give it another shot.

Here is the good news of the whole bit. Because of the trauma I went through, I was much more determined to get this fixed. As of July 22nd I should have a chance to meet with an OBGYN (who is also a surgeon) about getting surgery to fix my issue. I'm also on a cancellation list so if an earlier appointment comes up I should be able to expedite the process. I really hope that will be the case so I don't have to go through this again. Hopefully this will help the infertility as well as the stomach pain. Overall I'm happy to be getting it done!

Comments

Loraine said…
Oh DeAnna! What an event! I hope you get a cancellation before you have to go through the pain again. We are praying for you.
Becky said…
UGH! That sounds awful...:(
I am glad you were with Carillisa. I mean if your going to be with company, at least it was your sista.

Also glad you are getting things fixed - in a good way that is. :)

We are praying for you too.

Popular Posts