I was looking in some old boxes this morning and found a journal from when I was 8. Maybe it is just me, but I thought some of the entries were pretty hilarious.
"today we had a long chapter in scripture study..."
"Richard made some weird puppets out of my socks I can't remember the names ow well..."
"my sister Alisha copies Denis the Menis just barly she said thair we go Hot Lips.." (Alishia would have been 4)
"....today me and Alishia made a T.V. out of cardboard..."
"...Hi well it's summer now and we are working working we had to clean the family carpet on the driveway..."
Age 10
"Today Kenny went to the store and got some banana's and they were skquishy (real spelling) so he put them into a kart and the lady came back to the kart and started yelling at her kids about who put the banana's in the kart so they were fighting about it so the lady had the banana's and Kenny goes over and take the banana's away from her....." (you should see the picture I drew to go with it)
"Kenny punched me in the back and it is sore today." (another illustration was included)
"...well about the play I got Leartes (a boy) but at least I was in the play I had to kill Hamlet with a crutch."
"Tonite I finally lost that tooth look what was holding it up (insert a picture with a big root here)..sorry I can't trace teeth"
"Well I'm 12 time for puberty..."
"I am becoming more mature and Alishia drives me nuts so I pretty much kicked her out of the room..."
"Carol's (our bus driver) back wheels slid into the back of a truck it was neat..."
"Carillisa is on her way to the hospital I"M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!" (now picture a stick figure I drew that looks like it has been electrocuted to portray my excitement)
"***** came in this outfit and it was so ugly, she looked like a caterpillar"
Maybe it is just me, but I thought these were pretty funny. Man wouldn't it be nice to only have to worry about homework and playing with friends again.
6 comments:
OK I was laughing! I remember the banana thing with Kenny. You were adorable! You still are.
Ah ha ha the banana story is the best! I laughed out loud...and pretty sure sharing a room with you never was a good idea!
Ha ha, I love the "I'm 12" comment.
I love looking back at silly things that were "important".
what a treasure to find an old journal! the "I'm 12..." and the one after are my favorites!
these were insightful and very funny, thank you for sharing:) (For some more funny and insightful perspectives look at Kali's new entry on her blog.)
Post a Comment