Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines!

It is time for a new post. Since the last post we have made a little progress on the house purchasing, obtained 6 new puppies, Andrew had a birthday and we have had fun people come to visit.

One of the people to visit first off was Craig, the owner of our house. We talked to him about pricing and made negotiations. The appraisal came in really low, which is great for us, except he said he wouldn't be willing to sell it for that little, it meant more to him sentimentally than that. The truth of the matter is that it is worth more than that for us as well. He said he would be willing to sell it for the tax card value. We hope to counter for an amount in the middle and have been working to see if we can get the appraisal up a little. We got some electrical work done on the house this week and put some cute new porch lights out. Hopefully we get a chance to talk to them today and get things finalized. My goal is to be closed by the end of the month, or close to it. We have a lot of things we want to improve on the house and are really excited to get them underway.

One of the things we want to do is get a better set-up for the dogs. As you can tell we seem to like them :) Missy is a dog we accumulated from some people that wanted to breed her with Nash and instead of getting a stud fee we ended up getting the mother. We were going to get a pup from the arrangement, but Missy is a little protective of here babies and snapped at the guys kid and he was pretty upset and didn't want her anymore. Missy is now had a litter for us! They are just about to open their eyes and are nice and healthy. And YES she is really protective, we are careful with her, but even with us she is particular about who comes around and whether she will let you pick them up or not. It was funny, yesterday I was going to pet her and every once and a while I would bend down to pet a puppy and the second I would try she would block my hand with her nose and stop me from trying to touch them. She hasn't snapped at us or anything, but is definitely a protective little mommy. 3 girls and 3 boys and we have already had deposits down and Andrew has potentially sold all but 1. If all works out we should make a nice bit of extra money to pay down our student loans with..!

We also had a great time on Andrew's Birthday, he turned 28 this year. We have some really great friends here in Benson that we really enjoy spending time with. They all met us at Texas Roadhouse and had dinner together. It was a little bit of a surprise for Andrew, but he knew something was up when I told him I needed to drive and when I asked him where he wanted to eat and drove the wrong way...it would have been better if he had just picked the right place! I'm sure I could have planned it better, but he would have figured it out anyway. We had a good time and that is all that counts right :)



Kenny and Jamile came up for a bit, we had fun seeing them :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Your last puppies were so cute, I can't believe you have more! I wish I could buy one but expensive hunting dogs are not for me. :( I miss Benson so much, it is such a great little place.

Sara Lou said...

Hey Cuz! I love your new hair-do!!! Maybe you've had it for awhile but it really looks spunky and fun! You can pull anything off! We still want to make it up to see you guys sometime before we move, maybe in the summer time. Summer time in Logan is the bomb!

Becky said...

Sounds like things are getting exciting around there with the house possibilities.
Did you ever imagine you would be just a dog/puppy girl?? :)

Happy Birthday, again, to Andrew. Looks like a fun night.

I changed my posts so hopefully you can see the videos now. sorry.

Loraine said...

Hmm. That picture of Jamile is a surprise. I didn't think I would see her holding a rifle. ha ha.