Monday, July 6, 2009

High or Low


Andrew and I have a never-ending battle over the kitchen stove and how hot we should cook things. When he turns something on he automatically turns it to either medium or low and just waits….. I don’t like to wait, I turn it on high and then when I get it up to heat, I will turn down to whatever. The benefit to this is that I don’t have to wait. The reason for NOT doing it this way is because quite often I still get impatient if it is on high and I go and do something else while it is warming and things on occasion will boil over…Ok so sometimes they boil over a lot (but hey I didn’t have to wait, what is a little water on the burner anyway?)

I don’t remember the exact circumstances that took place, but I believe Andrew was on the phone with his mom when Andrew watched me automatically flip the stove on high and walk away. He proceeded to get after me for doing it again, and then had to explain to his mom what was going on.

A couple of weeks ago I got a package in the mail from Andrew’s Mom. It was a square magnet with a brown background and white letters that read:

“ONLY COWARDS COOK ON LOW”

Ha ha ha, it was really funny Andrew even laughed and it now hangs proudly on the fridge.

5 comments:

Wynter said...

lol, I cook the same way! I hate waiting for it, I once forgot about it and when I finally remembered there was only about 1/4 of the water I put in it still left in the pan.
Its cleans up, so whats the big deal?

Mindy said...

I wish I had a mother-in-law like you do. Dale and I are the same way. He thinks I am too impatient and I think he is too slow.

BTW: Email me if you would like our blog address. mindywarren@gmail.com its not on my profile.

Alishia said...

Ha ha ha I love it!

Becky said...

That is HILARIOUS!

Sheena said...

I do that all of the time too! I always leave thinking I will be right back, but then I always hear the spilling over and get really mad at myself.