Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Turn of Events

I accidentally got an email forwarded to me from my boss that talked about the current situation in the office and how they are not going to be able to afford to give me the raise they had originally offered. The situation was actually quite funny because my boss really didn't mean to forward me the email and thought he was sending me something else, he felt really bad. It was only funny because it was just one of those mistakes that are SO the opposite of what you would want to happen. The news was for the most part a big relief because it meant that I didn't have to decide between it and teaching. Deep down I knew that I would much rather be teaching. The only part that bothered me was in the email it said "I would like to milk her while we can" or something to that regard. Not only was it tacky, but it is obvious that I am worth more than what they are paying me, if they have to take advantage of the time I have left there. It just made the determination to get a teaching job stronger.

No teaching job yet, but there are possibilities still out there. I applied for a part-time art teaching position last week and got and interview which went..ok we'll see. Today I submitted my art endorsement to the ARL program which will allow me to teach art. There is also another ART specialist position that I applied for yesterday at an elementary school, which is my top pick at this point. AND tomorrow I can apply to be a teaching assistant and take that option if needed. Jobs are still getting posted here and there in Logan so I feel like there are still chances at finding a job. Any way I slice it I will get paid the same or more with any of my teaching options, so I feel like it is a win win no matter what.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Well, i guess it did kinda work out that you got the email- it makes the decision a lot more easy.

Good luck on finding a new job. I hope you get your dream job:)

Wynter said...

Thats funny I bet he feels like a total jerk, if not he should..
Im glad your taking the teaching route I think you will be amazing at it.. good luck and hope to hear some good news soon!

Sheena said...

I definitely see you as an art teacher. It is so fitting for you. Good luck with the job search!

Loraine said...

That was a really bad blunder...and to top it off - - you put it on your blog and now we ALL know about it. Crazy thing. Lesson learned I guess, Never put in writing (or pictures) what you don't want someone to see. This world is too technological for that these days. So, I wish you the VERY BEST OF LUCK with the teaching pursuits!

Alishia said...

What a Jerk!