Busy busy busy


I feel like I have been cheating lately because I have just been posting pictures, which takes a lot less time, but I feel like it is adding something different to my blog. SO, an update for the last month or so.

I decided in March that with it taking so long for us to have kids that I needed to find a more career-directed job. I had been wanting to be a teacher for some time and decided that now was the time to look into it further. Long story short I have been accepted to the ARL (alternate route to licensure) program that will allow me to teach while getting certified. The only tricky part is getting the schools to hire you. I have applied to many places and still am working towards a teaching position. I have 18 months to get a job, so I have time to work towards openings at Christmas as well as next school year.

Meanwhile my boss at my current job has offered me comparable wages and benefits so that I will stay. I haven't gotten the official proposal, it was supposed to come Wednesday, but they were waiting for insurance figures. Now I have a decision to make. I will have to determine exactly what I will do based on their offer and whether or not I can get a teaching job nearby.

A few things that make the decision a little more complicated comes with some very good, helpful news. Andrew and I decided to get some infertility testing done and without going into personal details I will just say that we now know that with a fairly inexpensive ($150) procedure we can likely get pregnant. We are to plan to try this every month for 3 months. Knowing this may help us decide which decision to make. I honestly don't want to wait another second, but Andrew and I agreed we would decide on a date when we heard the offer from my work.

We also have a neighbor offer to sell their house to us with a rent-to-own options if needed. We love the place that we are in, but it isn't for sale, so the option is there and a possible consideration and could be very good for a starter house...actually it would be a good house for quite a while.

I am feeling very grateful at this point I think that all of the things that have happened in the last few months have been great blessings to us in our lives. Things are looking brighter...I didn't even realize they were dark :).

I can't have a summer post without mentioning the garden, my baby. :) I have all my veggies up including strawberries, watermelon, and hopefully we will get grapes this year. For my birthday I got an early present....a tiller! I know it is not exactly what everyone would like, but with all the hoeing (sp?) I felt like it was worth it. Andrew had to do the tilling, it was kinda beefy for me, but we got the whole garden tilled in the time it would have taken us to do 2 rows. I only wish I had it last saturday as I tilled a flower bed that badly needed it....it only took 4 hours, I have to say it looks really good though. AND can you beleive all the rain?! It has been raining like crazy here, lots of thunder and lightening too. There are some people in Smithfield that were flooded and had 8 feet of water in their basement, they had to break a window to get all the water out to a reasonable level. We have barely need to water though which is great and we still seem to have some sunshine in the mornings. No end in sight either. The farmers here are happy.

Another exciting thing happened this weekend. Alishia and I did our first wedding. Alishia did all the photography and I told everyone what to do and we had everything organized and put together and had a plan for where we wanted to take all of our pictures and so when they came out everything went pretty slick. I don't know that both of us will be needed at the receptions, but I think having us both there at the temple was a good idea. I will take the next step and work on all the enhancing and graphic design work and then we'll be done. They thought we were very proffessional and wondered how long we had been doing business together (nobody could tell we were sisters). We didn't tell them this was the first wedding we had ever done, but that we had both been doing some work seperately but just recently decided to work together.

I am excited to get working on all the enhancing...the fun part. Alishia kept saying how fun it was and that she could do that for a living. I kept thinking that we would hire someone as soon as we could to be Alishia's assistant and I would stick with the editing. Not that I didn't enjoy working with Alishia, but I think I would prefer doing the computer stuff. :) It was a lot of work, but I think it all went well.

We will post some updated pictures on our blog www.elegantlees.blogspot.com, and with the proceeds with this wedding we will get the website up and running www.elegantlee.com sweet.

Happy Sunday everyone, hopefully I will find the time to blog again soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations DA and Alishia. That´s pretty amazing! I´m excited for everything that is going on in your life right now, I´m sure you´re being blessed for being such a good person. And your blog made me miss Benson so much! Blasted!
Bradleyfamily said…
Big D! It sounds like you are doing so GREAT!! I hope all goes well with the fertility treatments! Maybe you'll end up like Katie Hendrix and end up with quadruplets!! four kids one pregnancy! That sounds nice to me! :) I'm happy for you with all you're doing! The more I look at homes in Utah the more I like it up there in Cache valley. ;) hopfully you'll still be there in two to three years!
Love ya
Sheena said…
I was so excited to see a post from you about what is going on in your life. Can I just say you are so talented in many different areas. I hope you get pregnant soon. Kids are fun, but challenging.

So I read Katie's comment. That's amazing that Katie Hendrix is having/had quads! We had a family in our ward that just had quads as well, but the father lost his job and they had to move.

Thanks for the update! I miss all you guys so much.
Cute new background, and nice update! It was fun reading up on how you guys have been doing and what you have been up to! Congrats on all the job opportunities and success (thats really neat that you guys got your first wedding- I am excited to see the pictures), and good luck with the upcoming big decisions:) Cant wait to hear the good news (jobs, pictures, babies, etc.) Trent and I will be out there at the end of July and would love to stop by and say hello and see your beautiful garden... let me know if you guys will be around:)

-Taraleigh
Chelsea said…
Fresh fruit and veggies! I am so jealous! We don't really have a yard (condo). My parents decided to try a garden again this year. This time they built a big cage around it so the dear won't eat it and the cows from HE Davis pond won't come up and trample it. We will see how it goes! Good luck with the job:)
Chelsea said…
I spelled "deer" wrong - he he!
Wynter said…
Congrats, maybe you'll end up with twins! Wouldnt that be fun =)
I think you should take the pay raise and then just go for the teaching degree, they don't need to know that you might leave... enjoy it while you can. =)
Loraine said…
This is all going to be really interesting. Keep us posted on the good news.
Becky said…
Great post...I love that I am in the know on your life's happenings and that nothing was a real surprise to me. It was fun reading about it though. Some extra details. :) Well, hope things continue to move forward. Take care.

Popular Posts