Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cure


The best part of this pic, is that Andrew is making that face on purpose

I have been thinking and have always been of the opinion that when you serve others, your own worries seem to diminish. You in a sense loose yourself by thinking of others. I was reading a blogs title that said "What do I NEED?" This could lead to a list of things on my "I need" list and all the things that I struggle with. I immediately thought that what I really need, is to not worry about all the things I need. SO. I decided that I would blog today about all the things that I can do to forget MY needs and focus on others. Todays "other" is Andrew. I may have "Other" posts periodically to help me refocus.

My, For Andrew, List:

1. Clean the house...especially the dishes because it is his turn and he will love me forever if he doesn't have to wash them
2. Make Pumpkin pie...it is his favorite after all.
3. Not spend any money today...gratefully he has been more conservative in this category and cares about how much I spend.
4. Make him a delectable fish lunch
5. Give him positive attention....compliments, positive reinforcement, listening etc.
6. Try to ignore his faults.
7. Clean his truck.



Hmmm...Any other ideas?

4 comments:

Betsy Lee said...

Those are good ideas! Massages and back scratches are always nice, too.

Loraine said...

What a nice turn of thought!

Tink said...

I agree! I just had a conversation about this very topic with Todd a few days ago. Just before I recieved the hardest trial of my life I recieved a church calling that required a lot of service. What an oasis that service became! You go DeAnna:)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I couldn't agree more!