Summer
Can I tell you how much I love summer! I absolutely love the warm air and the outside time. Yeah! I am pretty happy about it, it seems like this was an especially long winter this year...but I think we have finally passed the cold days and have nothing but the blistering hot heat to look forward to. I admit there is not much interesting going on besides this excitement for the warmth, but I thought about how lame it was that I haven't written in over a week! SO, I decided to make this a tribute to Andrew blog. Just like everyone else, I am from Venus and Andrew is from Mars, just to clarify before everyone gets a false sense of what life is like at the Shaw home.
Andrew is great. He never gets mad at me. I like to beleive it is because I never do anything to annoy/bother him, but ha ha, I know this is false and probably an unhealthy way to think. The other day I pulled the last slim fast out of the fridge and didn't replace the box so the next batch could start to get cold. This is in fact the 3rd time that I have done this...instead I put a v8 in the box to at least show that there was some effort made. (I was late and unlike Andrew don't get to choose when I want to work). At about 9:30 I got a text that simply said "you are in so much trouble" I laughed knowing full well what he was talking about and replied "how come?" At lunch it came up and I just smile and said sorry, he could have easily gotten on my case, but instead he just told me I was grounded from something...he couldn't quite think of what, but that was the end of it and we were able to joke about it. (I promise, I will take the time to refill them next time).
He also does all of the laundry (75% of it is usually his so it seems fair) but I will rarely even get the chance to put in a batch before he has already collected all of the whites from throughout the house (rewashing even already clean clothes).
He offers to get me drinks/ice cream or late night chocolate milk and toast and actually follows through when I say yes. Who wouldn't love that?
There are a bunch of things that I wish he would do and doesn't, but it helps me to remember all of the things that he does do, we are a pretty good team.
Andrew is great. He never gets mad at me. I like to beleive it is because I never do anything to annoy/bother him, but ha ha, I know this is false and probably an unhealthy way to think. The other day I pulled the last slim fast out of the fridge and didn't replace the box so the next batch could start to get cold. This is in fact the 3rd time that I have done this...instead I put a v8 in the box to at least show that there was some effort made. (I was late and unlike Andrew don't get to choose when I want to work). At about 9:30 I got a text that simply said "you are in so much trouble" I laughed knowing full well what he was talking about and replied "how come?" At lunch it came up and I just smile and said sorry, he could have easily gotten on my case, but instead he just told me I was grounded from something...he couldn't quite think of what, but that was the end of it and we were able to joke about it. (I promise, I will take the time to refill them next time).
He also does all of the laundry (75% of it is usually his so it seems fair) but I will rarely even get the chance to put in a batch before he has already collected all of the whites from throughout the house (rewashing even already clean clothes).
He offers to get me drinks/ice cream or late night chocolate milk and toast and actually follows through when I say yes. Who wouldn't love that?
There are a bunch of things that I wish he would do and doesn't, but it helps me to remember all of the things that he does do, we are a pretty good team.

Comments