
So last night was an interesting one. I like to go to bed between 10:00-10:30 for optimal sleep time for work the next day. If all goes well I am asleep by 10:45. Since we have gotten cable Andrew likes to watch Law & Order which is on at 10:30., pushing us past our 10:30 mark.. I, on occasion, try to go to bed and “wind down” while Andrew is watching the rest of his show. All the while he is calling from the couch giving me the plot and telling me how good of an episode it is and that I should get out of bed and watch it with him. I am sure the episode would be entertaining, but getting up early squelches any desire to get sucked in. I should just get up and watch the show because Andrew comes in after and wants to chat before he goes to bed and wakes me up and makes any initial sleep worse. Worse because now I have already drifted and been partially asleep making it harder to fall asleep again the 2nd time when Andrew decides he is done talking. I try to be patient and listen for a few minutes before I remind him for the 1,000th time that I have to get up early, unlike him, who can go to work whenever he wants.
LAST night, Andrew came in at 11:00 and started chatting and telling me about the show…20 minutes later it gets quiet and we both start to fall asleep when we hear the cat outside. Apparently in a fight with another cat! We hear the growling and rustling and I panic and expect Andrew to go save the cat (he was already wearing shorts afterall) and he just said for me to go save him…ha ha Andrew ran out and scared away the other cat and rescued ours just for us to find out that our cat had gotten poop on him and was bleeding a little on his foot. We attempted to clean up the cat and Andrew and go back to bed. By now it was past 12:00….way past my desired bedtime…I was a little cranky. Luckily I was able to fall asleep pretty easily and was blissfully dreaming for what I imagine was an hour or two when my dear husband rolled over. He rolled over and reached over and did the unthinkable….HE TICKLED ME!! What the…!? I was not happy, Andrew could tell because I yelled at him and told him I WAS asleep! Apparently I kicked him really hard too. Andrew didn’t respond. I found out the next morning that he wasn’t sure if I was still asleep and yelling at him in my sleep. At 4:00, I laid there in bed, infuriated, I could go back to sleep. I was SO mad I started to cry. Andrew asked what was wrong and I told him “I am STILL awake!” I have to add, I was pretty tired and probably groggy…I don’t think I normally would have cried over such a thing, but the odds were against me (PMS may have been a factor). He put his arm around me and seemed a little shocked that I hadn’t been able to fall asleep and said he was sorry.
I laid there for another half hour and got up to use the bathroom and made myself a cup of hot chocolate. I contemplated working on all the things that had been running through my head for the last few hours but decided after I gulped down my hot chocolate that I would take one last stab at sleep.
I woke up at 8:00. I wasn’t exactly refreshed, but I was relieved. I had this horrible dream that Andrew was cheating on me with the mail-lady. In my dream he fully confessed and I was so hurt I was mad (maybe it was leftover anger from my lack of sleep) I had to get away and he didn’t run after me, in fact he was angry that I got mad at him. I was a horrible dream, so I was happy to wake up and find Andrew next to me having committed far less sin during the night than I had been imagining/dreaming. I told him about my dream, hoping for some comfort and reassurance. He just said “babe the mail-man is an old guy in a jeep!’ (our mailman drives a jeep). Thankfully, I can laugh a little about our hectic, less-desireable night and chalk it down as one that keeps life interesting.
Sweet Dreams!
LAST night, Andrew came in at 11:00 and started chatting and telling me about the show…20 minutes later it gets quiet and we both start to fall asleep when we hear the cat outside. Apparently in a fight with another cat! We hear the growling and rustling and I panic and expect Andrew to go save the cat (he was already wearing shorts afterall) and he just said for me to go save him…ha ha Andrew ran out and scared away the other cat and rescued ours just for us to find out that our cat had gotten poop on him and was bleeding a little on his foot. We attempted to clean up the cat and Andrew and go back to bed. By now it was past 12:00….way past my desired bedtime…I was a little cranky. Luckily I was able to fall asleep pretty easily and was blissfully dreaming for what I imagine was an hour or two when my dear husband rolled over. He rolled over and reached over and did the unthinkable….HE TICKLED ME!! What the…!? I was not happy, Andrew could tell because I yelled at him and told him I WAS asleep! Apparently I kicked him really hard too. Andrew didn’t respond. I found out the next morning that he wasn’t sure if I was still asleep and yelling at him in my sleep. At 4:00, I laid there in bed, infuriated, I could go back to sleep. I was SO mad I started to cry. Andrew asked what was wrong and I told him “I am STILL awake!” I have to add, I was pretty tired and probably groggy…I don’t think I normally would have cried over such a thing, but the odds were against me (PMS may have been a factor). He put his arm around me and seemed a little shocked that I hadn’t been able to fall asleep and said he was sorry.
I laid there for another half hour and got up to use the bathroom and made myself a cup of hot chocolate. I contemplated working on all the things that had been running through my head for the last few hours but decided after I gulped down my hot chocolate that I would take one last stab at sleep.
I woke up at 8:00. I wasn’t exactly refreshed, but I was relieved. I had this horrible dream that Andrew was cheating on me with the mail-lady. In my dream he fully confessed and I was so hurt I was mad (maybe it was leftover anger from my lack of sleep) I had to get away and he didn’t run after me, in fact he was angry that I got mad at him. I was a horrible dream, so I was happy to wake up and find Andrew next to me having committed far less sin during the night than I had been imagining/dreaming. I told him about my dream, hoping for some comfort and reassurance. He just said “babe the mail-man is an old guy in a jeep!’ (our mailman drives a jeep). Thankfully, I can laugh a little about our hectic, less-desireable night and chalk it down as one that keeps life interesting.
Sweet Dreams!
5 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. If you think PMS is bad for your sleep and dreams just wait until your pregnant! I'm just sympathizing with you because like right now being pregnant, I have insomnia at night. It takes me 1-1 1/2 hours to get to sleep sometimes. For some reason the hormones make you have terrible dreams too. I remember when I was pregnant with Maryn I thought Eric had left me so many times because that is what happened in my dreams every night!
OH my DeAnna! I should bad for you but I can't stop laughing. Maybe it's because I have the giggles but that was very entertaining. I know how when you want to sleep, so I can completely visualize it! As for the dream, that is pretty sad! I can feel bad for you in that aspect!! ha ha I love andrew's comment to comfort you!!
PS..what's with the picture of the cat stuck!?
Sorry you had a bad dream, however that WAS very entertaining given the fact that I get that all the time too! :) And Andrew's comment to you was funny.
Empathy, empathy, empathy. Do you own ear plugs? Carillisa recommended "Hearos" - - get the 32decible (strongest ones, the blue ones). As you can see by the time of this post, I'm up and getting ready to do some "night time reading." Thanks for loaning me your books!
Post a Comment