Sage and I (Andrew helped a little too) planted our whole garden yesterday and landscaped the yard, I am FRIED on my neck, it was almost purple. I am proud to announce that we have planted pumpkins, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, beans, tomatoes, potatoes, and soon to have carrots, peppers and corn. OH, and strawberries and a grape vine! Crazy hah. We worked pretty much from 10-6 on Saturday. It was insane really, but we got a lot done. Oh, and I planted some petunias and gladiolas. So, come fall, let us know if you want any veggies, because I am pretty sure we will have plenty. I will have to learn how to can tomatoes and learn the best way to store some of the others and see if I can’t get them to last a little bit into the winter. (I feel like such a grown-up!)
Sage was really fun (add a little sarcasm here), every time I started to dig a new hole for a seed or something she would walk right on my hands or have to sniff the hole, I had to stop her from trying to "taste" some of the plants to check them out. It was cute that she would follow me from hole to hole and wanted to watch everything. She was good company.
In addition to all that Andrew trimmed some trees and we spent a little time hauling trees (I can hear the moans from the Lee family, ha ha, thank goodness I was only 8 when we built our house, don't worry I got a little taste of it then and some on Saturday) I would like to add that our yard looks great and I think everything is going to work out well. Yay!
8 comments:
My cat did the same thing when I planted but, she wasn't as "helpful" as Ian who stumbled through all the rows of peas. I don't really know where the peas will grow this year:)
It would be $69.50 for the first 400 sq ft and then .25 cents a sq ft after that, but it doesn't sound like much so probably just $69.50 Mike can measure it for you too and tell you what it would be. Call us anytime if you decide you want it cleaned.
www.spin-masters.com
435-512-0935
Wow, that's a lot of crop! Plan to take the month of September off from work so you can harvest!
I'm so jealous about the garden- how do you keep the dogs out?
How is the picture coming along?
Hey! I am so jealous! We don't have a very big backyard at our house and so I think a large garden will have to wait until we move. It sounds like so much fun though! Minus the sunburn:)
what a cute little puppy. Good luck with your garden. I would love to do something like that, but I think it will be quite a few years before I can. :(
You should bring some of your harvest to the reunion! :)
I do read your blog, all the time. I love your pet stories, they are always entertaining. :)
I'm anxious to come up and see how the plants are faring. I particularly want to know how the Virginia Creeper survived (or not).
By the way, it wasn't cut off, it's still surviving beautifully on the neighbors back deck. They didn't cut the vine. (Just in case you need another start.)
Post a Comment