Wish me luck!
Andrew and I have decided to make a career change. I am now going to learn the basics of Graphic Arts! I have a sister-in-law named Liz that is currently a Graphic Artist and has worked for Watkins Printing for 7 years. She with this job has been able to work at home with her kids while putting her husband through school (he is now earning his PHD). She talked with her boss who said he would give me a job doing a similar thing if I put together a good portfolio and took a design class. Well, this has become interesting because yesterday we went and got Liz's old Mac computer (which is still pretty nice) from her work who was selling it because Liz's just upgraded. WELL, we got home from buying the computer at Watkins and came home to fine that there was no power chord attached (?) and the free monitor I got from work is so ancient that it doesn't even plug into the computer! So I was so excited to try out my new computer and everything just to be dissapointed. Much to Andrews relief we now are needing a new monitor, Andrew hated the other one thinking it was a real dinosour that took up the whole desk. Regardless, I am really excited about the change, since I sit on photoshop for hours anyway playing with all my pictures, I might as well get paid to do it with other people's pictures. They said I will more than likely be working on designing peoples wedding announcements and stuff! Fun hah! I will probably stay here at the Title company for a few more months until my future job is secure and then we will make the switch. I will probably make at least 2 dollars an hour more starting out and then freelance work is almost double that, SO we are hoping that this investment will pay off. :)

Comments