I was reading my journal the other day realizing that my journal holds 20 years worth of entries. I was admittedly disappointed until I realized that I had a lot of journaling done on this blog. I haven't written in it for a long time, but I can type a lot faster than I can write and my hand doesn't get tired. I think I might be better at journalling this way.
Latest and greatest (or not).
Easton. I was getting ready for another school year. I am beginning my 18th year. I was dead tired and Andrew was out of town for the night. When I came home from meetings it was clear Easton hadn't had his pill. There was food and knives everywhere and the house was a mess. Lizzy had left for work and Brynlee was oblivious to the mess. Even though it was 3 in the afternoon I was frazzled and gave Easton a pill. This affects his ability to fall asleep giving it to him so late. I was willing to take the risk. Bedtime came, he was wide awake. I let him play on my phone for a while, still wide awake. I had him take a few melatonin, no dice. I was so tired getting ready for school that I fell asleep. I remember little bits of conversation, but nothing specific. The next morning I realized all. Flashlight with a lot of batteries on the couch. A tupperware on the counter full of dirt. Clearly some kind of grilled cheese still on the skillet. A slight recollection of Easton mentioning fishing. He was still out cold when I left for work, so it wasn't until I got home that afternoon and Andrew was home that I learned he had decided to go for late night fishing. I had denied his request earlier that evening because of mosquitoes and it being dark. I was a bit shook realizing Easton was up and about fishing and left completely to his own discretion while I had fallen asleep. 🥴. He lived. I'm still shaking me head over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment