Friday, February 9, 2018

Another Day

I have tried to find alternative means of journaling so that I could potentially just print them in a book and save myself a step.  Admittedly it isn't working out very well.  I think it might have something to do with the fact that I have 4 kids.  One of which is 2 and quite the handful, adorable, but he sure is busy and into everything.  We thought he was going to be so mellow when we had him as a baby, he really didn't  fuss much and just laid there, not terribly expressive or showing a lot of emotion.....that changed.  The other day I was down in Orem visiting Jenny and Alishia.  I decided to take Easton and the girls to the Purple Turtle in Pleasant Grove.  Easton who had already broken a coaster at Jenny's and spilled powdered sugar up and down the hall was running rampant and ready to run into the street.  I had his had clutched in mine firmly to keep him close as we walked through the doors.  The girls helped me from there.  I walked around the corner to the front counter where I was to order.  I glanced up at the menu and then turned back to make sure the kids were coming.  As I turned around I see that Easton is behind the girls with a big fat onion ring in his hand held high over his head.  Reality struck as I looked around the restaurant to try and find where he had gotten it.  A table of 3 adults were all looking over at me, laughing.   Thoroughly embarrassed I apologized.  He must have seen them sitting right at the edge of their table and decided to help himself to one.  I ordered and went to get forks and napkins over by their table.  Trying to avoid eye contact, I was forced to acknowledge them when one of the men told me from behind " I sure hope you got that boy some onion rings".  I laughed and apologized again.  They said not to worry, they all got a big kick out of it.  I'm glad they weren't mad!

No comments: