Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fall 2016

We had a great time last night just watching a movie.  It seems like it doesn't matter much what we do anymore, it's a party.  We were watching The Chronicles of Narnia, which the kids liked.

Easton (11 mos) is sure letting his personality shine.  We get a lot of noise when he wants what we are eating.  He is also quite the cruiser, Andrew had a hard time keeping track of him at church this week, without fear he headed down the hall and beyond. He is teething, I think we will get another 2 top teeth any day now.  He is such a sweet snuggler and is so much fun.  I relish every moment with him.


Brynlee (4 yrs) is as funny as ever.  You ask her to do something and she always responds with an enthusiastic and sincere "Sure!"  She is pretty obedient and upbeat.  A very happy girl.  She is always singing something, sometimes it is made-up sometimes pieces of songs she remembers.  Her version of Chicago's "Don't Stop Believing" is pretty funny.  I need to be sure to get a video of it. She is also very social, I never will worry about her making friends, I am more worried about her being quiet when she's supposed to :D.

Maverick (6 yrs) is very sweet.  It is crazy to believe he is the same kid we picked up.  He has come a long way and is doing much better in school.  We have to remind him to keep working hard and not giving up, he wants to do that a lot.  He brought me breakfast in bed the other day, and will regularly make me toast or do sweet things he think will make me happy.  He practices the "Plianyo" and is pretty good at it.  He loves fishing with dad and the idea of hunting.  We told him that dad shot a deer and he immediately got excited and said "I need to go help him get it out! I will probably get blood on me!"  His teacher also told me a story about the first few weeks of school that he went up to the teacher and pointed out a girl alone on a swing.  He said "you see that girl, she looks lonely, I think I'll go give her a push."  I have been approached a few times now about him playing with his food at lunch.  He mixes all kinds of crap together and makes the kids laugh.  It has become somewhat of a problem, they might have to move him.  He loves being goofy and making the other kids laugh.

Elizabeth goes by Lizzy now.  She is in my class and has been very interesting to watch.  I have found that she is quite smart, but doesn't always pay attention.  She gets nearly perfect scores in math, and would do better in reading if she cared more, but there isn't a great interest.  She is friends with everyone.  I watch her at recess and she is rarely playing with the same people every day.  She will sometimes switch groups throughout one recess.  She is thoughtful of the others.  She is also competitive. When she wants to be chosen for something she goes for it and aggressively goes for it.  She is short for her grade.  She is also one of the youngest.  I think that may be part of why her reading isn't up with some of the others.  She likes to sing too.  She has even taken well to some advice I gave her to opening up her throat and sounding less nasal-ey.  She plays that piano too.  Grandma Lee is giving the kids lessons.  It is so fun to hear her giving them praise.  It reminds me of why I always want to tell her everything, she was always great about giving praise.  A lot of enthusiasm :D.

Andrew just started a new job.  He works for a Intermountain Wind and Solar.  He is a salesman and gives peoples bids.  He likes it.  It has been a little slow getting started, but he has a sales team he works with and goes to meetings.  The socializing has been good for him.  He rarely had a chance to get out and talk to people with his other jobs, besides over the phone.

No comments: