Sunday, September 27, 2015

Service

This was a very fun week.  We are really having a good time together as a family this summer.  Today at church we spoke as a family.  Brynlee got up and said I love my Mom and I show her service by giving her hugs and kisses, she then got down and gave me huge hugs and kisses :D  It was darling.  I wanted to hug her forever.  Maverick got up and said that he does service by making his bed, helping Brynlee put away her toys, helping Dad with the dogs and helping Mom cook.  Elizabeth got up and gave a full blown talk.  She said a few remarks about what service was, including making Mom glasses of Chocolate Milk (which she does almost daily).  She then read a whole story from the Friend magazine.  Her reading was full of emotion and she paused at all the right places.  She did a great job.  Andrew and I then spoke on service.  It was so fun to be there as a family.  I was so distracted with my own kids I wasn't even nervous.  Andrew had about 5 minutes by the time the rest of us were done. 

Andrew has been putting his boat together.  He finally got the motor he has been wanting and we went for a little ride yesterday.  It was pretty fun with the kids.  We stopped and swam for a little while.  The little ones transformed from being very nervous to confident and happy to swim.  I hope we can have more fun trips like that.


No comments: