Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hard Week

This was a hard week for me.  I have one of the most challenging students this year.  The poor kid really has a hard time.  His life and back-story have drunkenness, divorce and inconsistency.  Coming into my room after a week of being home sick was hard.  Throwing pencils, shouting out, throwing tantrums...everything.  Didn't finish a single assignment until I sent him to a separate room to finish.  Even then it took him two different sessions to get it done.  SIGH.  Friday was good.  After a phone call to mom, she is going to take him to the DR. to see if there is more there going on.  I really hope there is and that they can fix some of this.  The student can really be a sweet kid when he wants to be or can, he just has so many obstacles in his way. 

We are doing a training with the 7 habits of highly effective people.  We are going to try and implement it into our classrooms and I hope this will make a difference for some of the kids in there. 

Meanwhile here at home, things are great.  Andrew is working hard to get his new dog site up and running and has been given full reigns to run the OUTDOORSMAN.com site.  He is also doing some things that have helped the auction site.  I think he is feeling more confident in the future.

Elizabeth is doing great in school.  She is a great reader and is doing really well in math also.  We have to teach her to not hit the other kids when she is playing though.  She isn't trying to be mean, but that is how she has been playing.  Not okay.  She is a pretty sweet girl otherwise and is ALWAYs wanting to help and do things on her own.  I have to, on occasion, get after her for trying to help to much and bossing me around. :D  I usually run with it though and will just sit and guide her through the steps of how to do things. 

Last week we finished the 2nd  batch of Salsa for the season making about 14 quarts.  I am going to make jam today.  Andrew wants me to save them for smoothies, but our blender broke and the raspberries are taking up a lot of room in the freezer, so sorry Andrew, jam it is.  I am thinking a lot about Christmas these days.  I have some big plans up my sleeve so I better get off the computer and get to work, I only have about 6 Saturdays left. 






No comments: