Today we went for a walk in the pasture across the street to give a few of the dogs a good walk. As we walked we found our cat that we had been missing for a few days. He looked like he got run over by a tractor. :C This was particularly sad because we had an even more unfortunate event the week before.
Our dog Missy has been getting into our neighbors chickens. They have been super nice about it and told us and didn't want to cause any issues, but just wanted to let us know. We bought a electric fence thing and a collar for her but didn't want to set it up yet because our yard was in such a mess from putting in our septic system that we weren't sure how to go about it. As you I'm sure you guessed the other neighbor saw her in the other neighbors chickens. He walked over and tried to get her out, but she growled and snarled at him being protective of the chicken that she thought were hers. The neighbor regrettably shot her. She came back home with several holes and bleeding all over. I broke down as I saw her bleeding and we decided that there wasn't anything we could do. I pet her and tried to calm her for the last time before Andrew "finished the job". She was such a sweet dog it was really sad to see her go that way. I cried a lot and Lizzy did a little too. I was still upset the next day and cleaned the house and detailed both our cars. By Sunday I felt my head and wondered what was wrong with it. It felt like I had hit it on something. I finally realized that my forehead muscles were sore from frowning and crying ha ha. I guess that is a good sign that my frowning muscles get used so seldom that they get sore.
The neighbor that shot her and the neighbors that owned the chickens came over and talked to Andrew and explained what happened. We talked to the owners again at church today and really hoped their weren't hard feelings and felt horrible. They mentioned that the shooter felt really awful about it too and wished he had gone about it differently.
Earlier this last summer we lost our baby horse Pearly Girly to colic, it has been a unfortunate year for pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment