Elizabeth's First Sunday

Elizabeth's First Sunday

In one sentence, it could have gone worse, it could have gone better.  She loved singing the songs during sacraments and she would slightly shake her head with the songs as to theatrically sing the notes.  She looked absolutely adorable in her new dress from the Spencer's and new Sunday jacket from Mary.  After the bread at the sacrament she stated that she wanted some more.  I waited until after the Sacrament to give her anything to play with which she did just fine. At one point during Sacrament meeting she said "There are so many people in here......I just can't stand it, they are so loud".  Half the ward was missing so it was actually pretty quiet.  In primary Andrew insisted that I sit in with her to make sure things went well.  Our good friends Buffy and Colby Peterson teach the class and were great with her.  She went right in and had a good time.  She was in there before I could even catch up with another little gal in the ward (Jada Flygar) that found her.  She didn't sit as well as the other kids did, but she liked participating.  Buffy was great with her and knew how to handle every little thing.  She got hungry for some crackers at one point and decided to share them with the whole class.  She was brave and said the prayer in front of the whole class even though she has only said it a few times with us.

The switch to Primary she didn't want to sit in her chair, she ran down the hall and didn't listen to anything that I said.  I was having a hard time, but again Buffy took her on her lap and she was good.....after a few bribed candies from Buffy too.  Primary teachers get to do that.

After church Andrew asked if she was good and she said no, because she didn't want to listen when she was running down the hall......at least she knows that she wasn't being good. 

Comments

Jen said…
haha welcome to parenthood :)
Mindy said…
One of my favorite books is 'Breakfast With Scot' and in it is one of my favorite quotes about parenthood. It says something like...'parenthood is like getting a serious war wound. Once you've got one (a kid) everyone wants to show you their's.' I think you had a great first Sunday. You guys are already great parents. My war wound of the day; three extra kids in sacrament meeting meant I heard nothing the speakers had to say. Nothing. :D I hear it gets better when they enter YM/YW.
Stan and Jamie said…
We are so excited for you guys!!! She is completely adorable and looks like she fits right in. Thanks for sharing this little story about her first Sunday, it made me smile just picturing Andrew lol! Just wanted to say that we are so happy for you and the entire situation is simply amazing!!

Popular Posts