We found that I had a cyst on one of my ovaries that was about twice the size of the ovary that they popped and cleaned out. I also have level 4 endometriosis which is the highest level. The injected a blue dye into my uterus to see if they could get any flow through the fallopian tubes. Even after they cleaned me out, they were not able to get them open. The doctor suggested putting us on a Lupron shot for 6 months which will put me into an induced menopause and help the endometriosis. There is a chance that this will enable us to get pregnant after the 6 months, but they are still low chances. Our best chances of having kids on our own is In-Vitro.
We are looking into all of our options including adoption and in-vitro and trying to bypass the lupron shot especially since they are $10,000 a shot before insurance...yikes.
Overall we are in good spirits despite the news, hopefully we will come to some decisions here quickly as to what actions we want to take. Andrew really wants to try in-vitro, but we will need help with the funding for that. Foster care is our most affordable option, but we are considering adoption as well as soon as we can get those finances taken as well.
Other news this week comes with the dogs. Poor Saige must have had some trouble with her pregnancy because Andrew found her dead in the garage Friday morning. :( very very sad. She was bursting at the seams ready to pop any day. By the time we found her there was nothing we could do to save the puppies. Andrew was pretty upset about it. She was such a sweet dog, she will be missed. I think to help make us feel better Andrew let Rouger (sp?) our newest puppy into the house. He jumped right up and nuzzled his way up to my pillow and nearly took over. That is the picture Andrew captured above. It helped, he was giving me hugs.
I just want to say Thank You to everyone. We have felt such a wonderful amount of support and it really makes a big difference to us. (I'm getting teary thinking about it) We have felt your prayers and I'm certain they are what has given me the strength to accept our fate and face our challenges. Even just the simple comments through texts or facebook or phone calls, they are huge and have meant a lot, so again, thanks.
5 comments:
You really should get ahold of my sister (Maria & Jake). They have went through in-vitro twice. They didn't have luck with it but I've read a lot of positive outcomes. She also has endometriosis and cysts on her ovaries. Praying for a smooth recovery for you.
you are amazing.
i have stage four as well, and the same issue. the scar tissues is so bad that it basically adhered everything to my pelvic wall and also same issue, fallopian tubes are not open, and will never be.
basically, it's shit and it sucks. i'm being honest.
lupron, oh man, you've read my blog about lupron. i did it more to handle the pain from my endo. i'm sure you know that pain well. it's been so bad i've passed out before. it's helped, won't lie, but i will warn you, it's killer. it's painful. it made me a monster.
plus, you are also right, they are so. freaking. expensive. insurance and the pharmacy i went through had super awesome rebates, so my shots were only around 88 for the first three, and 150 for the third and final one.
however, if you talk to lots of my friends, they will say a big NO to lupron.
sigh, just please let me know what i can help with, do, anything. even if you need to just chat and get it out. i understand some of this crap.
lots of love coming your way.
You're awesome D! I don't know what endometriosis is like, cause our infertility is actually Jared (as far as we know I have no problems), but I do know it can be extremely debilitating!
We looked into the foster to adopt, I just couldn't do it. I knew it wouldn't be fair to the kids. Lacey Stone and her husband just got done doing invitro for the first time. They are currently pregnant with their first baby.
I know whatever path opens for you will be the right one, the one Heavenly Father wants you on. Sorry to hear about your puppy as well! Poor thing! /hugs
My Sweet Sister,
I am too far away to give you my love. I want to wrap my arms around you and hold you for as long as I can.
I adore that picture of you.
I know this wasn't the news you wanted. I am so very sorry. But you are handling it so remarkably well. You have such a strong spirit. I learned from you once that a spider's web and a steel beam are of equal strength until they are tested.
It's a comfort knowing that you know as well as I do that God loves you and know what you need and how to care for you.
I love you. We are thinking of you two and praying for you.
Love,
Becky
I wanted to share Kurt's cousins (wife's) blog with you. She is unable to have children due to her diabetes and I believe thyroid issues. They decided to go the foster parents and adoption route. http://dopfdetails.blogspot.com/2010/10/miracles-and-most-tender-of-mercies.html
I wish you the best! You'll be an amazing mom no matter how or when it happens.
Post a Comment