College is finally over (for now), finals week was last week and I got 90% on my stats final!! Which was much needed and bumped my struggling grade up to a B. Yay. I am looking forward to having some time off. Sadly my other school is almost over and I'm sad to see it end. It has really been fun here near the end. I got a big hug from Fernanda in the 4th grade at Walmart today, she saw me and ran over and gave me a big hug.....Yes, it made my day. Her Mom seemed a little curious from a distance wondering who her kid was randomly hugging. :) These kids just touch me in little ways all the time and I just love them. It has been by far the most satisfying job I have ever had. Which isn't too surprising I guess, but still is just the same. Above is a picture of Mark (1st grade). They had free art time and all the girls were taping these bead pieces to their ears and he joined in, it was pretty cute. He also won an award for participating in the Doodle for Google art contest, I put a gold sticker on his and I'm pretty sure it was about a half hour of bragging as he mentioned how much work it takes to get a gold medal and it was pretty amazing. He is definitely one of my favorites....don't believe what you hear, teachers do have favorites....I just have lots of them.
Not much has been going on here except a lot of work. Almost the day after closing I decided that the wallpaper must go, shortly after plaster came and now I'm painting the cupboards. It is going to be very pretty when I'm done, but I'm waiting to get completely finished to get some good before and after pictures. I have also been trying to plant my garden in the middle of it all and also rearrange my yard. Andrew has been demo-ing the basement and helping the previous owners clean out the big shed. There has been a lot to do. I haven't been feeling 100% tonight to I relaxed a little and tried to do some cleaning instead.
Andrew has bred Sage again and updated a subscription he has to a gun-dog website. We have raised the prices ($1,000 for F and $800 for M) on them and still already have 4 deposits on the puppies and they aren't even born yet! The deposits are even mostly for the girls. Not a bad deal. It will be helping me get through the rest of school here. Speaking of School (again) I should only have 3 semesters and I will be done. Yay. I'm so having a REAL party next time I graduate.
Well, I'm going to go to bed early tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful week.
4 comments:
You better have a party because I am a party animal : )!! Plus you deserve a celebration for all of your hard work! I can't wait to see some before and afters of the house. Hopefully we will see it in person before we move.
the 4 th grader running up to you for a hug is so precious :)
Good job on the sale of your puppies too. That's so awesome!
:) So fun to hear all is going well for you. MISS YOU! cute stories!!
Awesome DeAnna! Thanks for all the updates. Congrats on school and especially for being a favorite teacher...which I'm sure you are. You know, kids have favorites too.
Post a Comment